News New UFC Rankings - Jan #8 P4P, Izzy falls to #6 P4P; Aljo #15 P4P;Islam ranked #11 at LW

Interesting that Kevin Lee dropped below Diego Ferreira when Lee hasn't fought, and Diego lost s SD to Dariush a month ago.
I guess because Dariush is higher ranked and the fight was competitive they thought it was enough.

Interesting that Kevin Lee dropped below Diego Ferreira when Lee hasn't fought, and Diego lost s SD to Dariush a month ago.
I guess because Dariush is higher ranked and the fight was competitive they thought it was enough.
They don't get together and decide on the rankings, various people vote and then they are tallied. Some of the panel probably dropped Lee due to inactivity.

#6 Conor hasn’t won a fight at LW since November 2016 and is 1-2 in that weight class in the UFC. I get the strength of schedule but cmon man.
I seriously think Conor could go 5 more years without winning a fight and he'd still be ranked P4P as long as he tweeted regularly/didn't retire. The corruption is that transparent/our sport is a joke.

Seriously, what the fuck does P4P mean?

Two meanings I know of:

1. You take a fighters skillset and imagine him being any other weight and fantasize about how he would do.

2. Fighters that has proven that they can be successful in multiple weight divisions. (This one makes the most sense because at least this one is concrete and can be proven)

From my understanding though, number 1 is the general consensus? If so, then how the fuck is Adesanya anywhere near that freaking list?

Seriously, what the fuck does P4P mean?

Two meanings I know of:

1. You take a fighters skillset and imagine him being any other weight and fantasize about how he would do.

2. Fighters that has proven that they can be successful in multiple weight divisions. (This one makes the most sense because at least this one is concrete and can be proven)

From my understanding though, number 1 is the general consensus? If so, then how the fuck is Adesanya anywhere near that freaking list?
Pretty sure it means how dominant they are in comparison to their relative competition.

Obviously Khabib wouldn't succeed at Heavyweight

So it's pretty much "let's rank all champs close to the top - then some fillers"? What about a stacked division where #2, #3 and #4 are P4P greater than someone like Adesanya? Whittaker, a former WW and MW champ is ranked at #13? Even though he is smaller than his opponents, he ruled the division for quite some time and I would argue he is a lot better than someone like Jan who is the champ because he got lucky and the elite of the division left.

Jan has more wins over opponents who won undisputed MW titles than Israel does.

Jan should be ranked higher than boy wonder Adesanya.

Whittaker should not even be on the pound for pound list.

aljo being a p4p fighter makes no sense whatsoever

I'm a McGregor fan but how is he #6 LW ranking when he lost his last two LW bouts (very definitively) to top guys, and his last LW win was over 4 years ago lol. And hasn't beaten any current top LWs.

Dariush should be #6.

I'm a McGregor fan but how is he #6 LW ranking when he lost his last two LW bouts (very definitively) to top guys, and his last LW win was over 4 years ago lol. And hasn't beaten any current top LWs.
you do realize fights in other weight classes do have some impact in their current weight class right? they don't just act as if they never happened. boxing, with independent sanctioning bodies (i know they suck) does the same thing.

Back