New UFC Champions

Is that Brian Stann about to punch you in the face in your profile pic?

And no, this is not a thread.

Yea, I used to BP years ago and met him at the Mr. Olympia, in Vegas, but I also met my favorite fighter that day
Don Fryefrye.jpg

i really can't follow this.

like if u agree.

also, click "like."

(like)

Lots to dispute about this thread.
Who disputes that these undisputed champs are the champs?

The UFC champ is undisputed the same way that the Superbowl winners of the NFL are the undisputed football champs for the season.

Could the Arena League champions dispute the supremacy of the Superbowl champions?

I guess they could, but do we really need to see that game?

They don't mean that in the sense of being undisputed champions of MMA but in the sense that they're the undisputed UFC champions which is indeed true but it's not necessary to point it out since there's no one to dispute them being the UFC champions.

On the other hand in boxing undisputed champions are rare because there are 4 major organizations and it's really hard to collect the belts of all of them. Something that not even Floyd did in his career. So when there actually is an undisputed champion the announcer points it out. UFC just copied this as some sort of figure of speech.

i really can't follow this.

like if u agree.

also, click "like."

(like)
Why do you want likes? We are all strangers. You don't need our validity. Like yourself, forget about this Skinnerian button pushing.

"Like" seeking is almost as bad as trolling.

This deserves the Anderson Aldo response.

<6><mma3>

Why do you want likes? We are all strangers. You don't need our validity. Like yourself, forget about this Skinnerian button pushing.

Sometimes, this site really could use a bit of BF Skinner shock treatment when the "post reply" and "like" buttons are pressed.

Like if you're a fan of operant conditioning.

agreed!

i guess I need to hone my satire a bit, or is it parody? (was poking fun at the posters above me starting with TS.)

lmp

click like: ------------]

I find it hysterical that every time the belt changes hands, and its changed hands plenty recently; that Bruce Buffer still calls out post match the "new UNDISPUTED champion"...

I do not know if this is a rhetoric that the UFC wants to maintain or its a Buffer thing, but the belts are all disputed. They are changing hands more often than not, and its funny they call a new champ the undisputed....We even throw around interm belts and still this goes on.

Lets get a champ like GSP or Silva or similar with more than 10 defenses of their belt before we call them the "undisputed"

What do you guys think?

Like if you agree.

It's always bugged me because, AFAIK, in boxing it means the champion holds the belts from all the top organizations.

It doesn't bug me as much as when there were more legit champions outside the UFC, though.

I can deal with the interim title definition.

Sometimes, this site really could use a bit of BF Skinner shock treatment when the "post reply" and "like" buttons are pressed.

Like if you're a fan of operant conditioning.
Check out this operant conditioning:
469_original.gif

You're disputing whether a person who holds the belt is the undisputed champion? Is this real life?

There are two belt status: undisputed and interim. You must choose wisely:
52998139.jpg

The term "undisputed champion" is ridiculous when used in the UFC. It's used in boxing when someone is recognized as champ by all the major boxing organizations. The use of the term would only make sense in the UFC if the UFC somehow split into two or more organizations all claiming to represent the UFC and some fighter would be recognized as the champ by all of them, then it would make sense to point out that he's the "undisputed UFC champion".

exactly what i mean

Back