New UFC Champions

fido

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I find it hysterical that every time the belt changes hands, and its changed hands plenty recently; that Bruce Buffer still calls out post match the "new UNDISPUTED champion"...

I do not know if this is a rhetoric that the UFC wants to maintain or its a Buffer thing, but the belts are all disputed. They are changing hands more often than not, and its funny they call a new champ the undisputed....We even throw around interm belts and still this goes on.

Lets get a champ like GSP or Silva or similar with more than 10 defenses of their belt before we call them the "undisputed"

What do you guys think?

Like if you agree.

when you win it....and new
one defense is undisputed
lol
is this a thread?

giphy.gif

It means he is for sure the champ.

Its not hard to understand.

I'm going to ask Bruce to announce the next champ as the "undisputed, with unanimous worldwide agreement and consensus that he is the best fighter in the world and only potential champion the human imagination can conceive."

He does say "and new, undisputed champion" but that's because there are no outstanding interim titles that could lay claim to being rightful champ.

You can easily dispute that the new champ is the best in the division, but you cant dispute that they are the champion.

The term "undisputed champion" is ridiculous when used in the UFC. It's used in boxing when someone is recognized as champ by all the major boxing organizations. The use of the term would only make sense in the UFC if the UFC somehow split into two or more organizations all claiming to represent the UFC and some fighter would be recognized as the champ by all of them, then it would make sense to point out that he's the "undisputed UFC champion".

"Undisputed". You keep using that word, TS. I do not think it means what you think it means...

Guys, guys, what if Bruce accidentally calls out the wrong name. You could dispute it then, right?

Like if you agree.

well it seems fit since they bought Pride, WEC, Strikeforce....

I'm going to ask Bruce to announce the next champ as the "undisputed, with unanimous worldwide agreement and consensus that he is the best fighter in the world and only potential champion the human imagination can conceive."
I'm still not convinced.

Matt-Hughes.gif

The term "undisputed champion" is ridiculous when used in the UFC. It's used in boxing when someone is recognized as champ by all the major boxing organizations. The use of the term would only make sense in the UFC if the UFC somehow split into two or more organizations all claiming to represent the UFC and some fighter would be recognized as the champ by all of them, then it would make sense to point out that he's the "undisputed UFC champion".

The UFC champ is undisputed the same way that the Superbowl winners of the NFL are the undisputed football champs for the season.

Could the Arena League champions dispute the supremacy of the Superbowl champions?

I guess they could, but do we really need to see that game?

Last edited:
He does say "and new, undisputed champion" but that's because there are no outstanding interim titles that could lay claim to being rightful champ.

You can easily dispute that the new champ is the best in the division, but you cant dispute that they are the champion.
Sherdog sure seems to think it can. Jones vs DC even prior to Jones's interim belt. Lot of people in denial about Woodley.

I find it hysterical that every time the belt changes hands, and its changed hands plenty recently; that Bruce Buffer still calls out post match the "new UNDISPUTED champion"...

I do not know if this is a rhetoric that the UFC wants to maintain or its a Buffer thing, but the belts are all disputed. They are changing hands more often than not, and its funny they call a new champ the undisputed....We even throw around interm belts and still this goes on.

Lets get a champ like GSP or Silva or similar with more than 10 defenses of their belt before we call them the "undisputed"

What do you guys think?

Like if you agree.

I don't really agree with your post, but I think it's nice to give a like to an OP that starts a discussion from time to time.

Like if you share that sentiment.

Back