New UFC anti-doping policy can get you suspened even if you don't fail a test

I like this. You not only let yourself down if you pop hot, you hurt those who work with you. Besides, only a cheater would want to train with a caught cheater.

So you mean basically every fighter there is.

Because the cheat rate hovers in the area of five nines.

I called it when all of this talk of suspensions came up last winter. The punishments are becoming more and more draconian. Stupid.

Harsh indeed. The answer is to not do it. Don't take PED and don't prepare for a fight with someone suspended for it. Compliance isn't that difficult.

Sell a doobie in NYC and maybe get a fine. Do it in Indonesia and it is death penalty. Lesson is don't sell a doobie in Indonesia if you go, or don't go if you don't want to follow the rule.

Its a dumb idea to begin with and I am curious how they would regulate that.

I called it when all of this talk of suspensions came up last winter. The punishments are becoming more and more draconian. Stupid.

2014 - "The UFC are all steroids cheaters, they want them to use steroids and cheat to put on a show"

2015 - " OMG the UFC is so unfair to the poor individuals who got mixed up with steroids, why are they so mean, Dana is such a bully"

No winning with you folks. Just like someone on probation is sent back to prison for associating with criminals, a team is essentially on probation (it's naive to think the fighter did it without the knowledge of at least a few team members/coaches/trainers) and will be punished from associating with suspended cheaters.

Which means that a two year sentence means a guy can't effectively even train with a your good for two years? Is that proportionate justice? 30-50% of an athlete's career could be DONE bc his training partner failed - not even he himself.

Back