New UFC anti-doping policy can get you suspened even if you don't fail a test

Uh-oh, Nova Unaio.

I think Dana Hayes the team aspect, remember how adamant he is about guys fighting eachpther. I think he doesn't realise you Need a team/camp

I didn't articulate this correctly as I am extremely tired

The whole point of putting this policy in place is to prevent people from cheating, so the harsher the repercussions the less likely fighters will be to cheat.

Dumb. If someone gets busted and suspended, then fine, but how can they tell them that they're not allowed to train with their team anymore? Suspending a fighter for training with someone that is suspended, is ridiculous.

If you are suspended for PEDs in the NFL, you are not allowed to train with the team until your suspension is up.

I understand that the situations are slightly different, but the principle is the same.

It's harsh, but remember, it is for willful cheating. It doesn't just happen, they explicitly choose to cheat.

Taking banned substances is cheating, training with someone who's under suspension for taking banned substances is not cheating. I'd like to see this policy be challenged in court to see how it holds up.

This isn't the NFL or the NBA (Those organizations have player associations to collaborate with when developing these types of policies), the fighters are not employees of the UFC, nor does the UFC provide financial support and/or facilities for fighters to prepare for their bouts. The fighter is responsible for their own training and everything related to it. Them coming in and regulating not only what sponsors a fighter can have in the octagon, but also now who they can have in their training camps is just bananas. 5 years ago I was against MMA having a fighter's association, but with all the crap these fighters are forced to deal with nowadays, my position has changed. This is too much.

It's a good lesson that MMA fighters and coaches need to learn. Don't cheat, and stay away from cheaters.

I wouldn't mind if entire teams were penalized somehow for having a fighter caught using PEDs. There needs to be a good deal of pressure on these fighters and teams NOT to cheat or allow cheaters in their midst. The benefits can't outweigh the negatives any longer.

Full retard alert.

Could you imagine the entire Yankees team suspended because A-Rod went out on his own and used steroids?

I suppose a fighter's gym is just supposed to keep 24/7 cameras on every fighter who trains there?

Be honest you didn't think this through did you?

Well most people are fucking pussies and won't tell their loser cheating friends to fuck off on their own. (because apparently friendship is more important than morals) So this is a way to help the children learn.

If you are suspended for PEDs in the NFL, you are not allowed to train with the team until your suspension is up.

I understand that the situations are slightly different, but the principle is the same.

If by "principle is the same," you mean "not at all the same" then I agree.

The NFL isn't gonna suspend the entire Chicago Bears roster or even one player on the roster because some O-lineman went in to do conditioning drills while he was suspended.

If you're caught, no contact until suspension is over. Seems fair.

What? Who from NU has been busted?

Don't you mean Uh-oh Cesar Gracie Jiu-Jitsu? Or ATT?

Bazinga!!!! LOL

Its funny how people are always bashing Nova Uniao about Roids but Cesar Gracie and ATT are getting busted often enough that they should have a bad rep. Not saying the NU suspicions are unreasonable but they have never been busted.

Taking banned substances is cheating, training with someone who's under suspension for taking banned substances is not cheating. I'd like to see this policy be challenged in court to see how it holds up.

This isn't the NFL or the NBA (Those organizations have player associations to collaborate with when developing these types of policies), the fighters are not employees of the UFC, nor does the UFC provide financial support and/or facilities for fighters to prepare for their bouts. The fighter is responsible for their own training and everything related to it. Them coming in and regulating not only what sponsors a fighter can have in the octagon, but also now who they can have in their training camps is just bananas. 5 years ago I was against MMA having a fighter's association, but with all the crap these fighters are forced to deal with nowadays, my position has changed. This is too much.
You put my quote in a different context. It was in response to people feeling bad that the cheater was blackballed. The cheater makes his own choice.

Dumb. If someone gets busted and suspended, then fine, but how can they tell them that they're not allowed to train with their team anymore? Suspending a fighter for training with someone that is suspended, is ridiculous.[/QUOTE}

The smell of lawsuits. Smells like feet and cabbage.

I don't believe so. Maybe if it restricted busted players from cornering, but that isn't all it does...

If a player in the NFL get busted for PED's in the off-season, he still gets to go to practice, training camp ect- they allow him to improve his craft and get ready for the season. He can't do any team activities once the regular season starts, but there is NOTHING preventing him with working out with a teammate during off hours.

The NFL isn't gonna suspend the entire Chicago Bears roster or even one player on the roster because some O-lineman went in to do conditioning drills while he was suspended.
No, but the team will be penalized if the suspended player is allowed to practice with the team or use the facilities.

The Bears could definitely face league sanctions if they allow suspended players to train at their facility.

I don't believe so. Maybe if it restricted busted players from cornering, but that isn't all it does...

If a player in the NFL get busted for PED's in the off-season, he still gets to go to practice, training camp ect- they allow him to improve his craft and get ready for the season. He can't do any team activities once the regular season starts, but there is NOTHING preventing him with working out with a teammate during off hours.
That's because that suspension starts when the regular season starts. Not all suspensions are immediate.

The Bears could definitely face league sanctions if they allow suspended players to train at their facility.

Right. But that in no way affects the income or ability to compete of the players who were training with the suspended players, which is what this thread was about.

Anyone know if this is true of olympic athletes also or just for mma fighters?

Right. But that in no way affects the income or ability to compete of the players who were training with the suspended players, which is what this thread was about.

Yes. It is different in that sense. The NFL can forbid the teams to allow players to train with the team. The UFC can't do that to gyms, so they shoot for the same goal with a different tactic: they try to ensure that other top fighters don't participate in the camp of a suspended fighter.

I am not trying to say they are identical in practice,and I made that clear, but the principle is the same, when a fighter is suspended, neither the NFL or the UFC want them training with other top athletes. It is part of the punishment for PEds.

Back