New Tool song: Fear Inoculum ***Update: Album Released***

Giving 7empest a few listens, solid track.

Listening to it now for the 4th time. It’s such a solid tune that might be one of if not the best song they ever wrote

Lol this was pretty hilarious. Well done.

Listening to it now for the 4th time. It’s such a solid tune that might be one of if not the best song they ever wrote
Seems like you're coming around eh?

I'm still not entirely sure how I feel about the album. At times I think it's amazing, at others I feel it's underwhelming. As far as the instrumentals goes, it's probably the best they have ever made. But I miss the ferocity of younger Maynard. Don't get me wrong, I like his softer vocals, but I feel like he blended those two things much better with APC.

Probably just need to get used to it. It's different for sure. Tool has one hell of a discography though. Crazy to think that this was released 25 years ago:

Lol this was pretty hilarious. Well done.

Seems like you're coming around eh?

I'm still not entirely sure how I feel about the album. At times I think it's amazing, at others I feel it's underwhelming. As far as the instrumentals goes, it's probably the best they have ever made. But I miss the ferocity of younger Maynard. Don't get me wrong, I like his softer vocals, but I feel like he blended those two things much better with APC.

Probably just need to get used to it. It's different for sure. Tool has one hell of a discography though. Crazy to think that this was released 25 years ago:

Younger Maynard was angry at everything which made him into a bitter, pompous prick. That gave way to a very dynamic vocalist full of variety and depth.

With this album it’s as if he let go of that. There’s still some angst but it’s contained. The beauty is in the subtleties.

Less is more in this album.

Also, this is by far Adam Jones’ best performance

I am a huge fan of Tool and they are my most listened to band according to Last.fm. I love the new album and 7empest is the best song on the record by far and one of the best songs the band has ever written. For me personally the 13 year wait was worth it .I have a physical copy of the album now but I listened to the leak that made its way online a few days before.

I am a huge fan of Tool and they are my most listened to band according to Last.fm. I love the new album and 7empest is the best song on the record by far and one of the best songs the band has ever written. For me personally the 13 year wait was worth it .I have a physical copy of the album now but I listened to the leak that made its way online a few days before.

That’s sick. I kinda wish I had bought the physical copy of the album but I was afraid of shelling so much money for something that would have been disappointing. Is the 2 watt speaker delivering good sound ?

That’s sick. I kinda wish I had bought the physical copy of the album but I was afraid of shelling so much money for something that would have been disappointing. Is the 2 watt speaker delivering good sound ?
It leaves much to be desired,

Unless I hate an album (looking at you st. anger) I have a two listen minimum before I decide...

Probably once a year I’ll bust out St. Anger thinking “maybe I’ll like it now”

I don’t think I’ve ever wanted to like an album more than St. Anger

Listening to Tool on your phones speakers?

<{clintugh}>

I haven't listened to it yet, because I haven't had a good bit of free me to listen properly. Tool, more than most bands , require good audio quality to appreciate.

Thinking i might get round to it this evening. Smoke a jazz cigarette, put on some good headphones and soak it in.

Tool have earned that level of attention imo.

By far, my favorite band to listen to and play on guitar. I love half of this album, which is a strong showing when you consider most artists now put out one or two songs per album that are any good. I'm not a fan of the instrumental fillers or Culling Voices, but got damn, the rest of it is really good. I hear complaints about "too much buildup, not enough punch" and I totally disagree. The groove is what makes it worth listening to.

I also think Maynard can sing any of these songs in concert without straining himself to death. He seems to have come with grips about hating God finally as well.

If you go into this expecting catchy rifts and exploding lyrics like their best efforts aenima and lateralus, you will be disappointed.
But when you peel back the layers to peek at the core of this album, it has some real fine tuned music that could of only have been achieved after 13 years of sitting and waiting.
What we have here is a very mature tool, with a very unapologetic sound.
Tool is known for subverting expectations and now they are known for putting their music first even before themselves.

So, you are saying if you are expecting great Tool album, you wont get it. For me, this album sounds like '' we were away for 13 years, now its time to give our fans anything''. In 2008. this album would be good, in 2019 its decent, at best.

13 year wait for 7 songs? 10 if you count the digital version? Isn't that just an EP?

Each song is 10+ minutes bro
I am glad the songs are as long as they are. I love the record but I'll say this the interludes aren't that great. They seem like an afterthought. The interludes on previous records were great. Message to Harry Manback being one of them

It’s typical Tool.

Never-ending pre-intros transitioning into intros.

Drum-driven grooves that barely go anywhere unless you’re high on something.

Back