New to the game. Help a noob out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sang12345

hey guys,

so I've started to become interested in MMA (was always a casual fan, but want to start training in wrestling or jiujitsu)

So my question is could you guys just give me an example of a simple lifting routine or method that i could do? I know the forum is STACKED with this info and it's embarassing but a lot of times I don't know which advice to follow because there seems to be so many differing opinions.

I've read through probably like 20 pages and stuff but i havent gotten down to a conclusion as to how i should start. An example is some people say its ok to do full body workouts, and some say isolate the days into main muscles or something of the sort? To be honest i dont really understand a lot of the terms either so thats why its even more confusing.

so yeah, if anyone could just give a quick and simple lifting method for a noob, so i can at least get started that would be great! As of now id rather just follow some simple instructions rather than going to the gym and half-assing lifting

thanks!

deadlifts and squats are always good. id suggest you google martin rooney, he is an expert in this type of thing. as far as getting better goes your best bet is to train your ass off and get tapped or laid on constantly.

Start wrestling or bjj. Really dont need to weight train first. Wont hurt but initially its not going to help you a ton.

Lifting for strength doesn't have to be complicated at all. Just read the FAQ, pick a routine and start. There'll be plenty of time to make adjustments.

But are you new to... THE GAME?

283.jpg

thanks for the help. I looked through the FAQ and others once more and it became clearer.

I have a question though.

What is the exact aversion towards the routine of how many body builders or (from what i have seen from most people around me) do it?

by this i mean this type of routine:

Monday: chest and triceps
tuesday: back and biceps
wed: shoulders and abs
thurs: legs
fri: biceps triceps.

just giving an example.

is this kind of routine DETRIMENTAL towards striking and grappling ability?

or is it more because of the fact that it's seen as not an efficient use of time that could go towards more efficient workouts?

thanks for the help. I looked through the FAQ and others once more and it became clearer.

I have a question though.

What is the exact aversion towards the routine of how many body builders or (from what i have seen from most people around me) do it?

by this i mean this type of routine:

Monday: chest and triceps
tuesday: back and biceps
wed: shoulders and abs
thurs: legs
fri: biceps triceps.

just giving an example.

is this kind of routine DETRIMENTAL towards striking and grappling ability?

or is it more because of the fact that it's seen as not an efficient use of time that could go towards more efficient workouts?
Because bodybuilding is about looks. It's not necessarily bad if chest/triceps = bench press, back/biceps = deadlift, shoulders/abs = press, and legs = squats. But it tends not to be that, and if it is, it's usually for sets and reps that are not conducive to strength and power. Also there tends to not be much progression. Often it will include way too many isolation exercises. Not that isolation is always a bad things.

Point is, pick a beginner routine from the faq, follow it, and get strong. Do this while you are start attending your jiu-jitsu or whatever you decide to take. How many days a week you can strength train will depend on how many days a week you train your MA and your recovery abilities.

It's about training movements, not specific muscles. It's only when there's an issue with a particular muscle, like it being weak, tight, not activating, neglected by other movements, of some significance to a particular activity, etc. that it's singled out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back