New to grappling/Looking for a legit place!

Btheezy22

White Belt
Reaction score
I've always been interested in grappling whether it be Judo, BJJ, or any other types of grappling there is. The thing I need help with is the location of some legit gyms/schools in California. I live in the central valley, so i'm pretty much in the middle of everything. Also, are there any tapes or videos online that can help me get started? Any help is much appreciated!

Well you're in luck where you live. I'm not too familiar with California but I do know that it is a hotspot for MMA and BJJ it won't be too hard for you to find a legit place.

In California, just throw a rock. You'll likely hit two really good schools.

The ones I'm familiar w/ in Fresno/Clovis are: Josh Koscheck's AKA on Bullard and Marks (I'm a member), Royce Gracie Jiu-Jitsu of Fresno (actually in Clovis) on Shaw and Peach, Pacific Martial Arts somewhere on Blackstone Ave., Quan's Martial Arts also somewhere on Blackstone and Fresno Kickboxing Academy in Clovis on Sunnyside between Herndon and Sierra, IIRC. Again, these are those that I know. There are, probably, a bunch more. Just jump in the phone book for the numbers or Google 'em.

clovis has some bad ass wrestlers floating around there. not to mention fresno.

I live about an hour outside of Fresno. It would help if I could get the names of some schools and locations.

Hanford?

As far as I can tell this is the place to be... "Pacific Martial Arts somewhere on Blackstone Ave" If you want BJJ as opposed to MMA training I don't even see a close second.

Thanks for the responses guys! Really appreciate the name of the schools and the recommendations. I'm new to grappling but I've been studying it for a while now. Are these schools the right place for me to begin at or is there some sort of training I can do for beginners elsewhere?

Back