New to fighting

Great thanks for the advice!

I was wondering.....if I were to visit one of these places, are they going to throw me right into a cage with a fighter and beat the sh*t out of me to see if I like it?:icon_surp

I don't know what to expect, any ideas?
litle mistake ;)

Well you'll find that fighters are among the nicest guys you'll ever meet.

I mean of course there's assholes but for the most part you'll become great friends with the guys at your gym - even after they kick your ass lol.

Seriously though - I think you're thinking about this as some kind of back alley Jean Claude Van Dam kinda deal. No, trainers and coaches are PROFESSIONALS, they do this for a living. They wouldn't let you spar or fight hard until you're ready. I mean it's their job to TRAIN people.

Now hazing is different. You gotta put in your dues at some point if you are serious about fighting, to show everyone you're serious. You gotta put in the hard work and effort to get peoples' respect. Maybe the frist time you spar they'll put you in with a heavy hitter (like happened to me at my boxing gym lol) to test how much you really care. Or some gyms there will be a "level 2" or "fighter training" test you'll have to go through.

Back