New to BJJ and need advice.

Don't spaz.
Don't be afraid to tap.
Expect to gas. Hard.

I have been weight training for two to three times a week and soon going to do BJJ two to three times a week. My question is what type of workout is rolling is it cardio or anaerobic? Our instructor lets us go at full pace but he carefully watches us to make sure we are safe. Furthermore how did you feel few hours after rolling and next day when you have to be active like go to work or school as far as muscles and joints?

Last edited:
1. No one is expecting you to be amazing, you do not need to prove anything.
2. Leave your ego at the door. No one is there to be the alpha.
3. Do not be frantic. You will be put in some odd positions, do not panic. Just go with the motions.
4. Do not use all your strength. Strength means nothing when you will be tired out in 1 minute.
5. Listen and ask questions, you are there to learn do not be shy.
6. Be respectful.
7. Have fun.

I have been weight training for two to three times a week and soon going to do BJJ two to three times a week. My question is what type of workout is rolling is it cardio or anaerobic? Our instructor lets us go at full pace but he carefully watches us to make sure we are safe. Furthermore how did you feel few hours after rolling and next day when you have to be active like go to work or school as far as muscles and joints?

not a valid question, sorry. :p

Back