New study shows humans smoking weed since the stone age

Their is real spirituality out there and getting fucked up is not how you find it. It's just a fun thing to do at a party. There is nothing spiritual about guys sitting around, getting fucked up, and laughing at any stupid shit.

Who the hell are you to dictate what is spiritual to someone and what is not?

Their is real spirituality out there and getting fucked up is not how you find it. It's just a fun thing to do at a party. There is nothing spiritual about guys sitting around, getting fucked up, and laughing at any stupid shit.

I respect your opinion though Ill continue to disagree as mind altering substances have been used for milennia in spiritual practices all over the world. There is a very spiritual aspect to them if that is the intent of use. Not everyone can be Guru Nanak.

I'm not surprised motherfuckers

Yea ok. Thanks Mr. Religious expert for defining what's religious for us.

I respect your opinion though Ill continue to disagree as mind altering substances have been used for milennia in spiritual practices all over the world. There is a very spiritual aspect to them if that is the intent of use. Not everyone can be Guru Nanak.

Why would you even respect his opinion? It's not worthy of respect.

Why would you even respect his opinion? It's not worthy of respect.

Just a personal thing. I show respect unless Im overtly disrespected myself. Hopefully now theyll bother doing a little learning on the subject. I threw out two enourmous names intrinsically tied to sprituality and the use of what is to many sacred sacraments.

Get over yourself.

Damn imagine dat Spring and autumn period on weed! I would get all chieffed and irragte the shit out of my fields

I'm legit jealous about the clear
night skies, full of stars that these
cavemen must've undoubtedly
enjoyed while they were high out
their minds.

Not jealous about the no doors
+apex predators + venomous
living things stuff though....
{<shrug}

You realise you can use these psychoactive substances in other ways, and humans around the world have been doing so for thousands of years right?

Some people are still living in the stoned age.

I'm legit jealous about the clear
night skies, full of stars that these
cavemen must've undoubtedly
enjoyed while they were high out
their minds.

Not jealous about the no doors
+apex predators + venomous
living things stuff though....
{<shrug}
Yes, it's great to dream about unspoiled nature until you remember it includes vipers and jaguar and black widows.

They may have had uses for hemp but I doubt they were deliberately inhaling the smoke from it.

They may have had uses for hemp but I doubt they were deliberately inhaling the smoke from it.

You might be wrong about that.

Nearly two pounds of still-green plant material found in a 2,700-year-old grave in the Gobi Desert has just been identified as the world's oldest marijuana stash, according to a paper in the latest issue of the Journal of Experimental Botany.

A barrage of tests proves the marijuana possessed potent psychoactive properties and casts doubt on the theory that the ancients only grew the plant for hemp in order to make clothing, rope and other objects.

They apparently were getting high too.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/28034925/...-marijuana-stash-totally-busted/#.V7Bo7zWAtaU

You might be wrong about that.

Nearly two pounds of still-green plant material found in a 2,700-year-old grave in the Gobi Desert has just been identified as the world's oldest marijuana stash, according to a paper in the latest issue of the Journal of Experimental Botany.

A barrage of tests proves the marijuana possessed potent psychoactive properties and casts doubt on the theory that the ancients only grew the plant for hemp in order to make clothing, rope and other objects.

They apparently were getting high too.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/28034925/...-marijuana-stash-totally-busted/#.V7Bo7zWAtaU
I won't argue with an Oxford peer-reviewed journal.
But I do wonder how robust this evidence is and how likely the conclusions are.

This just in! People have been having sex since the stone age.

I won't argue with an Oxford peer-reviewed journal.
But I do wonder how robust this evidence is and how likely the conclusions are.

I wouldn't doubt in the slightest that humans have been smoking dope for thousands of years. The Mesopotamians were brewing beer thousands of years ago and that is much more involved than just picking a plant and figuring out it either has medicinal value or gets you high. Apparently, there are two things humanity was drawn too rather quickly, alcohol and marijuana.

There are other examples of exceedingly difficult to figure out scenarios concerning drugs. In the Amazon, tribes brew a drug called ayahuasca, one of the world's most potent psychedelics, from Banisteriopsis caapi vine. Now the crazy thing about this is that the vine that has the drug must be made active in order for it to get you high, and by high I mean you see and interact with strange jungle entities. To make it active they have to brew it specifically with another plant found in the Amazonian jungle, the Psychotria viridis leaf. There are thousands of plants in the rain forest but they discovered specifically 2 of them that if brewed together, will take you to the spirit world.

In fact, when asked how in the world they could have figured that out they claim the spirits gave them the recipe, or the queen of the jungle which is some giant jaguar or something. People, Americans more recently, still travel to the rain forest to have this ayauasca experience which supposedly is life changing. Its a spiritual journey using the psychoactive drug DMT and guided by an Amazonian shaman. The practice is supposedly thousands of years old.

e07c0079124c9978da2c4ea2cf67fd64.jpg

Back