New student that is just a straight beast

It kinda sounds like the TS is a little afraid of the guy. If he helps him a ton and the guy gets much better than he may possibly beat the TS? After all the guy said the class is mostly white belts which leads me to believe it is a relatively new school with few colored belts.

Just help him out man, if you are the coach/teacher/instructor you just lucked into a guy who can promote your school if he gets really really good at competitions etc.

In my school I would say I learn faster than most and have a natural ability on the ground, I could beat guys heavier than me with 3-4 stripes on their white belt when I was 1-2 months in and I am by no means ripped etc. Just 190 lbs and was not in the best shape. Instructors usually spend the most time on students who SPEND the most time in class. If they are there 6 times a week for multiple classes then people pay attention to them.

I say this with 100% honesty, I have no ego when it comes to classmates and am excited when our school gets new students. Even more excited when we get guys who can potentially eventually bring home medals. I'm not concerned about him passing me. As I mentioned earlier, I'm concerned about retaining him as a teammate.

Back