New STAR WARS Trilogy (Update: Rian Johnson Says His Trilogy is Still Happening)

He was awake and was the one to explain what happened. Timestamped for you.

Okay, good looking out... yes, of course he knew.

The Canto Bight scene is what I was referencing as important... when you see Finn go from excited to understanding the corruption that these people are fighting against.

Whatever the pov... that scene is important for that. Prior to that it was all about him finding Rey... and that scene helped him transform into the guy who offered his life to save the rebels.

Sorry man long night at work. And last time I popped in one of these threads me and New Name Every Week got into it a bit. The snide, condescending, silly bullshit for years over a movie kind of got on my nerves. Then I popped in mainly to say hi and immediately felt like I was being called some kind of dumb fuck again.

All good though.

l@nd0
I feel the same way. I'm just speaking my mind as best I can & get accused of having an agenda or wanting to change people's minds. Basically, I just got hooked into talking about star wars & I'm commenting as best as i know how.

99Mz5tO.jpg

This has been talked to death. The fan base is split. You are not the majority... you are just the louder bunch that's still here over a year later.

View attachment 526813
View attachment 526815

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/s...k-hamill-disappointed-with-cut-scene.3676193/

http://forums.sherdog.com/posts/143134745/

https://qz.com/1160551/the-rotten-tomatoes-score-for-the-last-jedi-may-be-rigged/

I've said in here a million times... I'm not here to convince anyone of anything. I simply take the comment & give my point of view. I do not care if you change your mind. We're just talking about SW's here... it ain't that deep bro.
I'll give you that first insult... but another one & we may have some problems.

There you go... calling someone with a point of view who likes the movie to be "moronic" You're pretty much out of the straight up convo list & have now intered into my mind as a troll.

Oh yeah... you're a regular conversationalist... just speaking your point of vew while making me out to be "moronic" & "blind fan boys" I believe was the words you used. but no you don't mean anything personal by that... LMAO

"They don't read the EU books, how the fuck can they even understand TLJ, much less like it?" Is this your speech? Fucking retarded. I'm not going to engage in this stupidity anymore. Ignore you, I will.

No amount of books will ever make TLJ a non-retarded movie. I hope some day, when you grow the fuck up, you will understand that. Or not. I don't give a shit.

Okay, good looking out... yes, of course he knew.

The Canto Bight scene is what I was referencing as important... when you see Finn go from excited to understanding the corruption that these people are fighting against.

Whatever the pov... that scene is important for that. Prior to that it was all about him finding Rey... and that scene helped him transform into the guy who offered his life to save the rebels.

Would have been better if they found a way to develop his character in a way that actually had an impact on the main plot.

He also showed that he was ready to risk his life to save the rebels in Force Awakens when he went on a suicide mission to star killer base.

Be honest, if that whole side mission was just to prove that again, it was wasted time. 30 odd minutes sho horned in so they could give them and BB8 something to do, IMO. I can't even remember how they got off of the ship without being spotted, but wouldn't be surprised if that wasn't explained either.

I remember Finn had his moral crisis at the beginning of Force Awakens when he couldn't bring himself to execute civilians and shunned the First Order for the evil that they are.

Last edited:
Not sure if it's been suggested but a good angle for Finn would've been for him to try and emancipate other Stormtroopers to join the rebels. This could've played a pivotal role in the war.

Not sure if it's been suggested but a good angle for Finn would've been for him to try and emancipate other Stormtroopers to join the rebels. This could've played a pivotal role in the war.
A lot better than breaking some alien race horses out of their pens when their entire rebellion in about to end with the deaths of all their friends.

I didn't say that. I said that one scene. the whole arc is very important. You can literally see finn go from casual to full on rebel as Rose explains the corruption of Canto Bight & how this is what they fight against.

Casual haterz won't get this. They just want to hate no matter what. They can't be bothered to understand the debth of Finn's journey which is a parallel to the audiences journey. We need to understand who the bad guys are. We can say the First Order is the bad guys & the Republic is the good, but why? Finn doesn't understand that any more than we do until this very important & pivital scene in the movie.
Finn had already gone through that arc in tfa, he didn’t need to do it again.

I find the way they wrote Finn on the second go around boring and somewhat repetitive but whatever. It’s by far my smallest gripe so I just ignore that one pretty much with everything else I don’t like.

Finn was an elite level stormtrooper, but now he’s a bumbling baffon?

I guess that makes some sense as to why they are so bad at getting shit done, the very best of them is a bumbling idiot. I don’t want to see what the normal level or low level ones are like in street clothes lol.

Almost lost me at "haterz" and "debth". Outside of SW you seem like a good poster, from what I recall, but you've lost your mind on this, bro.

Didn't they blow up a bunch of planets? That should be enough to let Finn know who the evil people are.
He already knew who the evil people were, it was right there in tfa.

“You don’t know the shit I’ve seen and done , I’m never going back there”
Very loose quote but he said it right in tfa.

Am i the only one who thinks the force unleashed is the best star wars story?

(second one does not exist)
The second one, is also a good story if you take the clues it gives you and go from there.

Every person has a different “force signature” if you will that powerful force users can sense.

Clones would all have their own “signature”, the old Jedi senses this was the real Starkiller, Galen Marik not a clone.

Vader saved his body once again and brainwashed him into thinking he was a clone and his “memories “ were not really his, if they were.

Throughout the game you get “memories” of things you’ve done as Galen, and unlock those powers when needed.

A clone would not have this.

Even yoda senses he is the real Galen, and the cave scene confirms this.

The second game was way too damn short, and was more like a dlc pack than a sequel game and has some other pitfalls but story wise it had a decent story, it as good as the original but good too.

Now that Luke’s gone, there is no one left to help Rey, or is there?

Maybe snokes not really dead, maybe snoke had a master we haven’t seen.

We need some real bad problem for Rey to deal with and Emo Kylo that wants to hit it , just isn’t it.

Add new problem(snokes alive, snoke has a master whatever), and we introduce an old, and loved character to help from the outside canon (or now non canon, something from Lucas arts at the very least)

Choices I’d be cool with.

Galen Marik
Kyle Katarn
Jaden Korr

Or some other noteworthy pic.

Make Rey the daughter or granddaughter for that matter of Galen and Juno. Somehow she was taken at birth, her “parents” weren’t her real parents.

Galen senses her and goes out to find her, now about Obi wans age in New Hope, wouldn’t be the guy to come in and just beat everyone for her, but give her some real fookin’ training and help her.

Or even have a force power battle with “snoke, or snokes master etc”
While she saber fights kylo with her new “Starkiller “ trained saber skills.

Yes, you are. Anyone else who would think to use a video game for best story knows that it is undoubtedly KOTOR
They are both good in different ways. Kotor would need it’s own 12 movies to do it right.

Starkiller could be added to TLJ and not need 12 movies to flush out.

(What If Starkiller WAS THE LAST JEDI?). Rey at this point IS NOT A JEDI.
Powerful with the force yes, it not a real JEDI

The second one, is also a good story if you take the clues it gives you and go from there.

Every person has a different “force signature” if you will that powerful force users can sense.

Clones would all have their own “signature”, the old Jedi senses this was the real Starkiller, Galen Marik not a clone.

Vader saved his body once again and brainwashed him into thinking he was a clone and his “memories “ were not really his, if they were.

Throughout the game you get “memories” of things you’ve done as Galen, and unlock those powers when needed.

A clone would not have this.

Even yoda senses he is the real Galen, and the cave scene confirms this.

The second game was way too damn short, and was more like a dlc pack than a sequel game and has some other pitfalls but story wise it had a decent story, it as good as the original but good too.

Now that Luke’s gone, there is no one left to help Rey, or is there?

Maybe snokes not really dead, maybe snoke had a master we haven’t seen.

We need some real bad problem for Rey to deal with and Emo Kylo that wants to hit it , just isn’t it.

Add new problem(snokes alive, snoke has a master whatever), and we introduce an old, and loved character to help from the outside canon (or now non canon, something from Lucas arts at the very least)

Choices I’d be cool with.

Galen Marik
Kyle Katarn
Jaden Korr

Or some other noteworthy pic.

Make Rey the daughter or granddaughter for that matter of Galen and Juno. Somehow she was taken at birth, her “parents” weren’t her real parents.

Galen senses her and goes out to find her, now about Obi wans age in New Hope, wouldn’t be the guy to come in and just beat everyone for her, but give her some real fookin’ training and help her.

Or even have a force power battle with “snoke, or snokes master etc”
While she saber fights kylo with her new “Starkiller “ trained saber skills.

Thing is starkiller is not canon anymore.

And revan also....

I dont think they will bring them back

They are both good in different ways. Kotor would need it’s own 12 movies to do it right.

Starkiller could be added to TLJ and not need 12 movies to flush out.

(What If Starkiller WAS THE LAST JEDI?). Rey at this point IS NOT A JEDI.
Powerful with the force yes, it not a real JEDI
I like the force unleashed and I think starkiller is a good character. You won't get an argument out of me, except that I think realistically KOTOR could be done well in three films.

The post I responded to wasn't talking about being easily Incorporated into the films, though. He said the best star wars story.

Last edited:
I like the force unleashed and I think starkiller is a good character. You won't get an argument out of me, except that I think realistically KOTOR could be done well in three films.

The post I responded to wasn't talking about being easily Incorporated into the films, though. He said there best stars story.
Correct, kotor has a much bigger and better written story , but they had a lot more time too.

Galen’s story, could have been done differently in the same fashion as kotor in the same setting(rpg’s vs back and slash let’s get it done).

Galen’s father, how he came to be hiding out on the wookie planet, raising Galen to getting “stolen” by Vader.

Growing up with Vader as his only father figure, how he let go of Vader killing his father and living with him to do his bidding.

How he became so powerful on his solo missions he had gone on before, maybe show him almost killed at a young age numerous times and clawing his way back to his ship to escape, or even proxy finding him bleeding out somewhere after the battle was over and carrying him back.

Spending more time on the ship and going different places with Juno to see how thier relationship grows.

It COULD be a long drawn out full story like KOTOR but it is t.

We have the bare bones for a great story, but yes KOTOR is a better one.

I’d rather see Galen somehow incorporated into the current timeline than a full story about him.

And a full story in The kotor timeline.

Thing is starkiller is not canon anymore.

And revan also....

I dont think they will bring them back
Yes it’s unfortunate some stuff that was “canon” now isn’t, but what can you do?

Live with it and hope they get this shit show back on track somehow.

Correct, kotor has a much bigger and better written story , but they had a lot more time too.

Galen’s story, could have been done differently in the same fashion as kotor in the same setting(rpg’s vs back and slash let’s get it done).

Galen’s father, how he came to be hiding out on the wookie planet, raising Galen to getting “stolen” by Vader.

Growing up with Vader as his only father figure, how he let go of Vader killing his father and living with him to do his bidding.

How he became so powerful on his solo missions he had gone on before, maybe show him almost killed at a young age numerous times and clawing his way back to his ship to escape, or even proxy finding him bleeding out somewhere after the battle was over and carrying him back.

Spending more time on the ship and going different places with Juno to see how thier relationship grows.

It COULD be a long drawn out full story like KOTOR but it is t.

We have the bare bones for a great story, but yes KOTOR is a better one.

I’d rather see Galen somehow incorporated into the current timeline than a full story about him.

And a full story in The kotor timeline.
Sure sure, but Kotor could be fleshed out even more just the same way by including everything that happened prior to Revan's memory loss. If you start with Revan as a child, you really could do six movies.

Like I said, I like starkiller and the force unleashed in general. KOTOR just happens to be one of my top 3 games ever.

So the guy that killed star wars gets an entire trilogy to fuck up

@90 50

I would have liked to see Galen in Rogue 1. His death could be a huge moment in a film set between episodes 3 and 4.
There was a lot of talk and excitement that he might be in there, especially when it was leaked one of the characters names was in fact Galen.

So the guy that killed star wars gets an entire trilogy to fuck up
The most ironic part is, and he even says this himself , is that he purposefully did this to past characters to make room for his new ones in his trilogy.

That he’s not getting now, since he fucked up so bad in TLJ

Back