NEW SPRAWL V-Flex Series XT Review *pics*

anyone razor off the rubbery sprawl logo on the waistband?

I have a question. I wear about a 33 or 34 in pants. I have the camo Tapout board shorts in size 32 and they fit great but all of my other Tapout 32's are very tight. I am 5'11" and 175lbs. What size shorts should I go with if I get these?

Also

98b.jpg

Do they sell the green like in this photo?

bmizar said:
Also

Do they sell the green like in this photo?

Not anymore. They were a limited edition. I got a pair free... HAAAAAAA-HAAAAAAA!

I do think that's my favorite color of all the Sprawls.

bmizar said:
I have a question. I wear about a 33 or 34 in pants. I have the camo Tapout board shorts in size 32 and they fit great but all of my other Tapout 32's are very tight. I am 5'11" and 175lbs. What size shorts should I go with if I get these?

I took this off there site:

Waist in inches/weight in lbs

28/120-140
30/135-155
32/150-170
34/165-185
36/180-205
38/200-225
40/220-245
42/240-265

I would go with the size that is as close to your true waist size as possible.

Looks like I may end up going with the 34" size. I am going to order the black and white ones today and put up my Tapouts on eBay tonight. I love them to death but they are just to tight especially with a cup and compression shorts on.

Is it best to buy them right from Sprawl.TV?

yup, SPRAWL has great customer service, and if they dont fit just send them back for another size.

nice just ordered a pair and a grappling shirt after all the great responses cant wait to get them.

These are easily the best shorts ive ever had. I ordered the white ones with a split seam. This was my second pair of Sprawls (flexfighters being the first) so I knew what to exspect in terms of quality. These absolutly blew me away when I received them. They very visually pleasing right off the bat. Without even having to put them on, you knew that these were well made shorts just by the look. The next day I wore them at my training session and man, ive never been so comfortable in my life threw all the drills. They are extremly light and very very mobile. Definatly go a size down if you are inbetween sizes. These run big. I wear a 38 in everything and got a 38 in these but definatly could have went with a 36 and been just fine in them (im 6ft1/2 225) Even if you get them and they are big, be sure to try and tie the drawstring tight because that should solve the problem. Anyways, Just wanted to thank Steve and Scott at sprawl for the great CS. My order had originally been lost, but they took care of it by overnighting them to me at there expense as well as throwing in a free sprawl cap. Im definatly going to be ordering a pair of the new Red ones for actual competition. Always gotta wear the red to win. Take care everyone, and if anyone has any specific questions about the shorts, feel free to shoot me a pm.

ditto everyone else's comments. i ordered two pairs of the v-flex xt's last week. customer service was top notch, shorts were received with no issues, proper size. the fabric is much lighter than the material all my surf boardshorts are made from, which is nice as they're not as hot, but is also of slight concern as i wonder how long they'll last. also, the stretch in the material is nice, it really feels like you're not wearing much. one nitpicky comment is that the seams on the inside look like the $5/pair boardshorts you'd pick up at a swap meet, as opposed to a billabong/whatever pair of trunks. obviously this is nitpicky and in no way harms performance, but my first thought when looking at the inside was that they looked cheaply made. that being said i couldn't feel the seams while wearing them, and if it means the company makes a little more profit than i'm ok with that. one more thing, the brown/tan shorts, the lighter of the two colors is slightly see thru. not a big deal, but just to give you an idea of the material's weight. i haven't had any issues with mine wearing thru yet, and believe me i spend a lot of time on my back as i'm new to the sport, LOL. anyways, just my $.02 on the shorts. as of my experience thus far i'd buy another pair w/o a doubt.

*edit* the trunks i was comparing to are the welded seam boardies. i'm dumb to compare the two!

I just happened into this thread while scanning the G&E forum and read the whole thread on the shorts - Loved the review, loved all the praise from everyone in the thread, and got so caught up in it I convinced my fiancee to put in an order(. Just bought my first fight gear and I haven't even started training yet! Got the white V-flex's, loose rash guard, and one of their new black t-shirts.

Which btw, for Steve if he checks the thread, I love the t-shirt designs in the new set, so keep up with the good designs. So many fight companies have such over the top or cheesy looking designs, but the t-shirts are just so simple and sleek. Very nice.

Props to Adino, you bastard. You should get a commission for this. No wonder Steve takes care of you. :)

NateH706 said:
I just happened into this thread while scanning the G&E forum and read the whole thread on the shorts - Loved the review, loved all the praise from everyone in the thread, and got so caught up in it I convinced my fiancee to put in an order(. Just bought my first fight gear and I haven't even started training yet! Got the white V-flex's, loose rash guard, and one of their new black t-shirts.

Which btw, for Steve if he checks the thread, I love the t-shirt designs in the new set, so keep up with the good designs. So many fight companies have such over the top or cheesy looking designs, but the t-shirts are just so simple and sleek. Very nice.

Props to Adino, you bastard. You should get a commission for this. No wonder Steve takes care of you. :)

lol thanks for the props Nate, I know your going to get even more excited when you get the shorts :wink: When are you starting to train and what are you going to start training?

Adino said:
lol thanks for the props Nate, I know your going to get even more excited when you get the shorts :wink: When are you starting to train and what are you going to start training?

I'm getting married this summer so I'm using that as an excuse to try and get in shape, and I'll probably officially start training in the fall or so. I'm probably going to sign up at Tai-kai BJJ near Syracuse, NY (school were Matt Hamill originally trained). Start w/ bjj to get my feet wet, and just move on from there with whatever I find most enjoyable.

Cool stuff man, this sport is like a drug; weather your striking, grappling or mma you will get hooked. Good luck to you.

I just got my cream-brown one, the greatness!

I have to comp black shorts. I love them. I use them for Stand up, Grappling, and Wrestling. They are awesome in all 3 categories. These are the best fight shorts I have ever owned. Need to order me a few more pairs. Great shorts. Guarantee you'll love them if you buy a pair. And for those wondering if they will last. Oh yeah I have washed my over and over and over again. Grappled on all types of mats and carpets lol. Lasted through everything and still look great!

Just got white competition logos in the mail. I am 5' 9", 165lbs, and a good fit in most shorts and jeans for me where they fit snug, but not too tight is a 31" waist or 32" with a belt. I ordered a size 30" as they said to go a size down. Put them on and they are still a little big in the waist, but if I pull the drawstring tight and pull the velcro strap a little farther than it's supposed to sit (loose end flaps about an inch or two on the side now :icon_neut ) to close the gap, they fit fine. However, I do not like the bunchy overlapping look of the velcro part in the front, so I sent them back for a 28" hoping this will give me the snug fit I like and without the extra velcro strap flapping around. I don't know how most people wear them, but I don't understand why all fight shorts are cut so big for their size. I also had the same problem with Truth shorts from Txmma.com; I got a size 32" when they said to order a size up, and they were huge! All in all though, when you find your good fit size, you will love either of these shorts as both are well constructed and look great.

i just got the white comp logos a couple of days ago... these shorts are awesome.. high kicks, sprawls, gaurdwork.. wasnt restricting at all... felt really light.. these are the best shorts ive ever owned..

Back