New SJW buzzword: "white wounding"

Chait kindof outlines the difference between a "liberal" and a "leftist" regarding social justice and whatnot. Thought you might enjoy.
Amusingly opposite of how it is used here.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2015/08/bernie-sanders-blacklivesmatter-free-speech.html

Chait kindof outlines the difference between a "liberal" and a "leftist" regarding social justice and whatnot. Thought you might enjoy.

Well that article actually uses "liberal" more in the universal sense of abstract values of personal liberty and equality.
Not so much the distorted, American pejorative sense that oldgoat employs.
That use would make it even more laughable that this article was representative of the "intellectual wing" of liberalism.

This bs phone isn't letting me quote.. But everybody should be proud of their heretige. It's where you come from. It's the people that bred and made it that got you here, so it not just 'chance' that you are here. Everybody would and should be proud to have exceptional family members, it's an extension of that. I'm not overly proud to be any race, tbh. I do think it's a sign of overcompensation to actually be too proud of something like that. But I also think it's defeatist and weak to not be proud of who you are genetically at birth and the people who have succeded and contributed to humanity that are most like you.

Nonetheless, I never hear about any of this "SJW" crap except from outraged paleoconservatives who feel their societal position is threatened.

Sometimes I wonder if it's actually fear of retribution. Like this deep subconscious terror that all white men will have to pay for everything we did to everyone else over the centuries someday.

I am proud of things I have accomplished. I am proud of my longstanding relationship with my wife. I am proud of my peofessional and academic success. I am, to some extent, proud of the accomplishments pf the German political system (and I contribute to its continued existence by taking part in the political process). I am neither proud nor ashamed to be German pr White. I am indifferent of this.

Sometimes I wonder if it's actually fear of retribution. Like this deep subconscious terror that all white men will have to pay for everything we did to everyone else over the centuries someday.
Perhaps, I think it more comes from violent opposition toward introspection. What's particular interesting is the unwillingness to accept that extrinsic factors might aid success. Does doing so somehow tarnish one's accomplishments?

I am proud of things I have accomplished. I am proud of my longstanding relationship with my wife. I am proud of my peofessional and academic success. I am, to some extent, proud of the accomplishments pf the German political system (and I contribute to its continued existence by taking part in the political process). I am neither proud nor ashamed to be German pr White. I am indifferent of this.

This. Obsessive focus on collective pride/guilt is generally a sign of retardation.

It's my primary fear. Let's just hope that our slaves never escape.

EDIT: Also I'm not sure I'm comfortable with Hispanics having this slight advantage over the glorious white race.

Here's the thing: this advantage won't turn into anything of substance.

Because that graph just shows enrollment, not graduation and not the quality of schools. So a bunch of Hispanics enrolling in community college for a semester or two is what's bumping up the averages. Four-year college graduation rates are still heavily skewed to whites.

And even if THOSE rates ever become somewhat close, it'll say nothing of state schools vs elite and private schools.

And anyone that's over the age of about 30 and has been around professional circles knows the huge difference between graduating from the cheapest state school in the area and graduating from the flagship state school or a private.

One will get a moderate, lower-middle class income. The other puts you on the fast track to the upper-middle class and a six-figure salary.

I know you were mostly joking about this, just thought I'd point out the differences behind these averages.

I think this is backwards. You should be able to be proud of your heritage, which often includes the colour of your skin. This should be acceptable for white people as it is for other races, it's just that people are so scared of being labelled a racist that they don't declare it.

Whites get zero flack for showing pride in their Italian/German/English/Irish/German heritage and background.

Pride in white race will get you in trouble, though. That's what colonizing the world and imposing white supremacy on those you conquered get ya.

Though, in my opinion, it's a pretty small price to pay. If someone in 1492 told me: You have two options, A) Colonize the entire planet and rule over everyone, but in about 500 years it'll become a bit taboo to publicly proclaim racial pride. Cultural pride is still cool, though

or B) You can be colonized and dominated and be at the bottom of the social ladder... BUT you'll be able to scream about racial pride all you want.

I'd choose A in an absolute split second.

No there's nothing to worry about. This won't fester and get worse every year. There are no double standards.

White people have nothing to fear when they become the minority in their own country. It's great to be white when you're surrounded by the world that loves you.

If only you guys could be as lucky as me.

Whites get zero flack for showing pride in their Italian/German/English/Irish/German heritage and background.

Pride in white race will get you in trouble, though. That's what colonizing the world and imposing white supremacy on those you conquered get ya.

Though, in my opinion, it's a pretty small price to pay. If someone in 1492 told me: You have two options, A) Colonize the entire planet and rule over everyone, but in about 500 years it'll become a bit taboo to publicly proclaim racial pride. Cultural pride is still cool, though

or B) You can be colonized and dominated and be at the bottom of the social ladder... BUT you'll be able to scream about racial pride all you want.

lol. In 50 years it won't be taboo for Caucasians it'll be taboo for the Chinese. Funny thing though, I don't think the Chinese, when in a position of strength, will care.

I think that Europeans getting zero flack is arguable. There are several examples of Europeans standing up for the country and heritage by pointing to their dying culture, and they get plenty of flack.

I personally would not colonize anyone, no matter what the consequences.

It's my primary fear. Let's just hope that our slaves never escape.

Lol I knew that "we" would freak someone out. Look at you, you survived though! Look how big and strong you are!

This. Obsessive focus on collective pride/guilt is generally a sign of retardation.

There are many countries that value their connection with their heritage and compatriots. Calling all these people "retarded" is a bit inaccurate. I agree that overzealousness about association in a collective ethnic group is counter-productive and can even be dangerous, especially in a 'melting-pot' society, but Japanese being proud of their culture does not make them "retarded." Wrong word.

Pride and feelings of brotherhood within an ethnic group can actually help the group and the individual in many instances. People sticking together and recognizing compatriots or ethnic kin can help them succeed in places like America. Germans assimilate, because that is the 'rule of the game' in a melting pot system that makes it work in the long run, and Germans are good with rules and understanding how a 'system' works best, respectively. But Italians, Arabs, and even Albanians in THIS area are doing better in business helping each other out more somewhat because they are over zealous about who they are and where they came from. I would say the line of stupidity could be drawn at the idea of "we are now the majority on this street, that makes it our street," but if you don't have a few of your own in a group there might be nothing you can do about said stupidity. The 'not retarded' ones may lose the game.

White males are not being discriminated all the time within universities. There are occasionally things like the one professor you linked to but that's not representative. There's not a "growing trend" with any substance like you mentioned in another part of your post. The degree to which feminism has "taken over" universities extends to pushes toward getting paid parental leave for male and female faculty. The degree to which some sort of emphasis on ethnic diversity has taken over is to maybe take that into account when looking at your top five candidates for a faculty spot (out of over a hundred). You certainly can point to a few egregious examples of how Title IX has been applied (a scary one was recently reported on in Chron. Higher Ed) but those too are rare.

This whole thread reminds me of how Atheist's entire perspective of liberalism and feminism was based on his experiences within a native studies department. You fuckers don't know what you're talking about and base your rage on random shit from twitter. There are over two thousand 4 year universities in the US.

Typical radical liberal professor response. When faced with facts that contradict what you wan to be true you just belittle them and make it sound like isolated incidents that hardly ever happen." Nothing to worry about here." I gave proof. You said "well i dont see it from my desk so...." Youre obviously biased here. Bottom line there is a gradual move towards demonizing white people whether you want to see it or not. Im not saying were the new slaves or everyone should pity the "poor white people" Im just pointing out that attacking whites will never create racial harmony or equality. However you and your ilk believe that to be the case and will continue to hold "no whites allowed" events and teach how evil the white man is in whatever bullshit "cultural studies" youve got being taught by hateful anti white racists. All the while patting yourselves on the back for being such a "good whitey". You definitely have your "white privilege" in check my friend. You have reached a heightened level of progressive enlightenment for sure.:rolleyes:

Why would I be proud of something that's entirely due to chance?

More indoctrination. "Its bad to be proud of who you are" "Its actually racist to be proud" "suppress anyone who possesses this hateful quality" "being proud of your heritage=hating everyone elses"

I've been at more than one university. Admittedly that's also anecdotal but this really is just the typical hysteria we see on these sorts of issues, hysteria that's been ongoing for decades.

Oh no, a somewhat crass female african-american professor said something on twitter! Is that really demonstrative of a trend? No, absolutely not.

Actually thats exactly what it is.

I think this is backwards. You should be able to be proud of your heritage, which often includes the colour of your skin. This should be acceptable for white people as it is for other races, it's just that people are so scared of being labelled a racist that they don't declare it.

Being ashamed of who you are because of what your ancestors did is stupid, just as it's stupid to express sympathy at someone for what their ancestors went through.

No you evil racist shitlord. I think a few semesters in a California University would do you some good. :)

oh yeah, because they are the only one who try colonize the whole world.

oh wait............

Plus+hitler+being+a+dumbass+thought+he+could+invade+russia+_393ade9caba26ecf059b714390c4c14d.gif

Japanese_Empire2.png

No you evil racist shitlord. I think a few semesters in a California University would do you some good. :)

The Internet is my university, and given what it teaches, I'm failing pretty hard.

Back