New shoes and new foot pain

Lug's Spear

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I bought some Asics 1130's and went running in them twice so far. The first time they felt fine and comfortable, but the second time i felt a really sharp pain on the outside edges of my feet. Do i need to work on breaking them in or is this just the wrong shoe for me?

Might be a problem with your gait, look into it.

Something which works for me is to get a golf ball and rub it on the bottom of my foot, apply decent pressure and roll it around using your palm for about a minute for each foot.

As silly as it sounds, my feet always ache after running when my shoes are tied too tight. Might be your issue.

Definitely break them in, wear them around the house, going out for groceries, that sort of deal.

Might be a problem with your gait, look into it.

Something which works for me is to get a golf ball and rub it on the bottom of my foot, apply decent pressure and roll it around using your palm for about a minute for each foot.

Where did you pick that up from?

I only saw EZA mention it yesterday and it was the first time I had ever heard of such a thing

Just some random website, I sometimes get that pain the TS is describing but not too often.

An empty bottle or rolling pin works well too.

The problem with your shoes can be resolved by going to a shoe store that caters to runners.
They will check to see if you are a person with either what they call pronation or supination. These are just terms for whether or not your foot tilts out or in with each step. Most running stores will offer a free consultation. Worked for me!
otherwise the golf ball/ bottle thing will help any soreness.

Maybe you need aftermarket insoles with more support? Go to a good running store with foot diagnostic equipment and see what they say.

Do you overpronate? Asics 1130's are made for moderate overpronation. If you have a neutral, or worse, supination in your gait, the outsides of your feet would be doing double duty.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back