New season of Hajime No Ippo coming soon

ZroC

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
EDIT: the new season has started and two episodes are already out

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-08-03/hajime-no-ippo-3rd-season-titled-rising

The official title for the third season of the Hajime ni Ippo anime is Hajime no Ippo Rising. The staff also unveiled the first image of the series' titular character, Ippo Makunouchi.

George Morikawa's original long-running manga has spawned two television anime series, an original video anime project, and a TV special. Hajime no Ippo: New Challenger, the second season of the anime, aired in 2009. NTV will stream both series for free in Japan from August 3 until September. Hajime no Ippo Rising will premiere this fall.

Last edited:
Used to like this show a lot and saw the third series back in the day. Glad they are going again and I need to check out the episodes I missed.

Sweet. Watched every series a couple years back while I was on sabbatical. I probably won't have time to view this new season as it airs, will wait until I'm free.

AWESOME!!

I have watched through it all and the OVAs 3x. My favorite anime after Kenshin.

I don't like much anime either.

YES!

Definitely one of my top animes ever and the creator actually knows a thing or two about boxing. Dis gonna be good!

AWESOME!!

I have watched through it all and the OVAs 3x. My favorite anime after Kenshin.

I don't like much anime either.

What kind of animes have you watched/did you like?

Oh and btw, there was a Kenshin live action movie released a year or so back. I mean, 99% of the time, live action movies are crap, but that one was actually quite decent. There will be a sequel as well.

YES!

Definitely one of my top animes ever and the creator actually knows a thing or two about boxing. Dis gonna be good!

Oh and btw, there was a Kenshin live action movie released a year or so back. I mean, 99% of the time, live action movies are crap, but that one was actually quite decent. There will be a sequel as well.

My friend downloaded it and liked it too, I'll get him to send me a copy of the movie.

I have watched all kinds. Most of the classics, even stuff like Saber Marionet J, I, My Me, Strawberry eggs, all the studio ghibli, all kinds.

Kenshin
Ippo
Bebop
one piece
Champloo
DBZ
Ghibli and other movies

I actually watched a lot, just got tired of it lol... will always watch Ippo tho

My friend downloaded it and liked it too, I'll get him to send me a copy of the movie.

I have watched all kinds. Most of the classics, even stuff like Saber Marionet J, I, My Me, Strawberry eggs, all the studio ghibli, all kinds.

Kenshin
Ippo
Bebop
one piece
Champloo
DBZ
Ghibli and other movies

I actually watched a lot, just got tired of it lol... will always watch Ippo tho

Ah, I see.

Yeah, I know what you mean about it becoming stale at some point. The good ones are far between, especially when you have watched a lot of shows.

I think, the ones I like the best, across all genres, are:

On the darker side:

FMA(Full Metal Alchemist)
FMA:Brotherhood
Berserk
Code Geass
Monster
Mushishi
Cowboy Bebop
Hunter X Hunter 2011
Rurouni Kenshin OVA: Trust and Betrayal (That was beautiful. A completely different anime. One of the best OVA's I've seen)

On the lighter side (seems like this is purely fighting animes :D):

Hajime No Ippo
Samurai Champloo
Rurouni Kenshin
One Piece
DB, DBZ (Kai)
Shura no Toki: Age of Chaos
Kenichi:The Mighiest Disciple.

Regarding movies, I really enjoy Hayao Miyazaki's work, like:

Howl's Moving Castle, Spirited Away and Princess Mononoke

Anyway, if you like Kenshin, I would actually recommend giving the live action movie a go.

This is GREAT news!

YES!

def awesome one of the better anime shows . just curios man what other shows u like ?
on a side note am i the only one that thinks golovkin is like ippo looks wise lol

First 2 episodes are out now.

Back