New Ryan Hall Instructionals

Wow dude. You enjoy being such a dickhead? The guy has a hobby, by nature, that's usually something you spend money on. I feel him, I buy as many instructionals as I can get my hands on, I find that stuff really interesting. Maybe if you really appreciated MMA or weren't such an elitist prick you could understand the joy of watching world champions teach the methods they used to become great. Also, not everyone can afford to pay the ridiculous 100-200 dollar charge that most schools impose so they save up money bit by bit to buy some grappling instructionals instead. Is it really any of your business how this guy goes about loving MMA? Who the fuck are you to talk shit to someone over an internet forum for saying he buys a lot of instructional DVD's?

So 100 dollars a month to train is now ridiculous? Get real.

PS Since no one wants to be blunt about it, I will. Dude is not going to train seriously. Hes making up specific goals for something hes never done and knows nothing about, and making up a bunch of excuses to procrastinate about actually doing it. Save the elitist prick talk or the who are you to say and accept reality.

Why does anyone give a fuck what someone else does with there money?

I think some of you guys need to get off the forum for awhile if you care that much.

So 100 dollars a month to train is now ridiculous? Get real.

PS Since no one wants to be blunt about it, I will. Dude is not going to train seriously. Hes making up specific goals for something hes never done and knows nothing about, and making up a bunch of excuses to procrastinate about actually doing it. Save the elitist prick talk or the who are you to say and accept reality.

I know nothing about it? You're post alone shows that you know nothing about me. Oh well, believe what you want homeboy, it doesn't bother me. Success is the best revenge. We'll see who's right in the long run. Life's a jog, not a sprint.

Boyd Crowder turned into the best character on Justified, imo. Great show, can't wait for season 2.

This.

Also as far as the instructionals go, awesome. I haven't used dvd instructionals before, but I'm sure Ryan does an awesome job with them.

I know nothing about it? You're post alone shows that you know nothing about me. Oh well, believe what you want homeboy, it doesn't bother me. Success is the best revenge. We'll see who's right in the long run. Life's a jog, not a sprint.

Im going off the information presented in this thread.
If youve never trained, then yes, you know nothing about it, no matter how you try to twist things around and justify them.
Instead of talking about success and revenge and the long room, and cliches about life, go train

Why does anyone give a fuck what someone else does with there money?

I think some of you guys need to get off the forum for awhile if you care that much.

what do you care if we care what someone else does with their money?

You should get off the forum for a while if you care that we care.

Im going off the information presented in this thread.
If youve never trained, then yes, you know nothing about it, no matter how you try to twist things around and justify them.
Instead of talking about success and revenge and the long room, and cliches about life, go train

I'll just leave you with Drac's quote, "Anyone with a mouth can talk."

Shit just got extra real...

*tunes in*

EDIT: Kenny you got a cool website. Never check it before.

Last edited:
I'll just leave you with Drac's quote, "Anyone with a mouth can talk."

I stood up for you earlier, and you can do whatever you want, but do you not see any irony in this statement?

If not, I'll point it out. Literally, you both are talking, but Kenny is technically training, and you aren't. Just saying... Might not be the best quote to use in this situation.

Feel free to resume you guys... I got pre-fight plans to attend to!

BJ Penn for the win and I'm out!

JUST SCRAP

I don't think anyone was being a douche about anything. Just encouraging him to go ahead and step on the mat. Maybe Mat Nemesis's post was a little harsh, but I don't recall anyone else being rude.

Boyd Crowder turned into the best character on Justified, imo. Great show, can't wait for season 2.

I got in a big debate with my dad over the phone about Boyd. He didn't buy his "religious conversion" thing right after he got shot. I totally thought it was genuine. Didn't mean he became a sweet guy, but I was right! Have they greenlit season 2?

guido-fist-pump-o.gif

2enyqab.jpg

hahaha holy fuck! :icon_chee:icon_chee:icon_chee

I stood up for you earlier, and you can do whatever you want, but do you not see any irony in this statement?

If not, I'll point it out. Literally, you both are talking, but Kenny is technically training, and you aren't. Just saying... Might not be the best quote to use in this situation.

Feel free to resume you guys... I got pre-fight plans to attend to!

BJ Penn for the win and I'm out!

JUST SCRAP

Stand up for me? I don't need anyone to stand up for me. I already left him with my statement. I'm up & exercising every day, actually this past week has been at night after work but I've been exercising every day & I'm still on my diet. My friends have been very supportive & some of them actually exercise with me & many of them have offered to walk with me.

Even my friend that trains is happy with what I'm doing & he understands why I'm not training yet. I have goals that I will try to hit before I start training. Such as getting down below 300lbs & being able to walk 5 miles in 1.5 hours or under. I'm hoping that my blood pressure will be down after my recent scare. I'm hoping that my weight will be down, cholestorol & my Liver count will be up since last time I checked I had a fatty liver.

I can't figure out how to upload the pic to sherdog so I uploaded it my sherdog album on my profile. That pic is what caused me to finally do something about my health.

This was the scare, I went to the doctor's & he said that it was bleeding under the skin but didn't seem to care about it, he just kept saying that it would go away in under 1 week.

My dad went to our family doctor & showed him this picture & told him what the doctor that saw me said & our family doctor said that it is a popular area for this to occur & that it very well could have been caused by high blood pressure.

So I'm finally doing something about it.

Last edited:
Stand up for me? I don't need anyone to stand up for me. I already left him with my statement. I'm up & exercising every day, actually this past week has been at night after work but I've been exercising every day & I'm still on my diet. My friends have been very supportive & some of them actually exercise with me & many of them have offered to walk with me.

Even my friend that trains is happy with what I'm doing & he understands why I'm not training yet. I have goals that I will try to hit before I start training. Such as getting down below 300lbs & being able to walk 5 miles in 1.5 hours or under. I'm hoping that my blood pressure will be down after my recent scare. I'm hoping that my weight will be down, cholestorol & my Liver count will be up since last time I checked I had a fatty liver.

I don't know how to upload the pic on here but I'll upload it on my sherdog album...

This was the scare, I went to the doctor's & he said that it was bleeding under the skin but didn't seem to care about it, he just kept saying that it would go away in under 1 week.

My dad went to our family doctor & showed him this picture & told him what the doctor that saw me said & our family doctor said that it is a popular area for this to occur & that it very well could have been caused by high blood pressure.

I didn't mean stand up for you. I meant to say that I was and am supportive of whatever you decide to do. I think it's really cool that you have a good support system and are working hard to do what you want to do.

I was just saying that particular quote seemed kinda ironic. I'm not shitting on you at all brother. Do your thing.

I hope that scare doesn't turn out to be a big deal.

Sometimes people don't know the whole story. I for one, did not know that you were above 300 lbs. I personally can see how that would make it extremely difficult to train. I think it's good that you have a positive hobby that you hope to engage in that can be used as a reward for the hard work you are putting in now.

I can't figure out how to upload the pic to sherdog so I uploaded it my sherdog album on my profile. That pic is what caused me to finally do something about my health.

I've seen people start bjj in TERRIBLE shape and lose a ton of weight after only a few months. I would respectfully suggest you start training as a means to facilitate your health goals. If you find a good school with cool people you would love it. That being said, if you wanna buy instructionals and memorabilia because you love the sport and want to gain a more technical understanding of it that's cool too.

You should use bjj as part of your health program. In most schools, bjj is a "go at your own pace" type of training. I started a thread about "should I expect my training partners to push harder?" and the consensus was "no". You won't be forced to do anything you can't or want to do. But, like Drew said..."Do your thing". Not here to bitch at you, just give advice and encouragement.

I don't want to speak for Kenny but he's an active competitor, mma fighter, and travels around the world to train...so he's got a more hardcore stance on training. Personally I dig training with guys who are intense but that only makes up about 20% of my classmates. The rest come in, Bullshit, do instruction, and roll for 10 minutes. Its nothing you have to prepare for.

Good luck.

Back