new Russian prospect: Omari Akhmedov(11-0)

lapollarecords

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
UFC has signed another russian prospect. middleweight Omari Akhmedov is 11-0 with 5 KOs and 4 submissions. he will debut against TUF Brazil participant Thiago "Bodao" Perpetuo november 9th(UFN Vitor vs Henderson).

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Omari-Akhmedov-83462

seems like they are signing more and more russians, maybe they do plan on going there soon.

He looks alright from those videos. Seems like he's susceptible*to the take down though.

The same situation as Gashimov, Alby and Krilov(ukraine, but doesn't matter) signings. Totally unknown fighter among russian community and he has 1 loss vs Tsarev. It seems ufc doesn't care about fight video, opposition, just clear record and age under 25.

Last edited:
The same situation as Gashimov, Alby and Krilov(ukraine, but doesn't matter) signings. Totally unknown fighter among russian community and he has 1 loss vs Tsarev. It seems ufc doesn't care about fight video, opposition, just clear record and age under 25.

This guy is signed to fight a Brazilian in Brazil. Seems like a win-win situation for the UFC: if the Brazilian guy demolishes Akhmedov, the Brazilian fan base will certainly grow even further, and if Akhmedov ends up winning, they've found a prospect with little resources spent, since I doubt they pay him much at all.

If they were to sign guys that are, like you said, known in the Russian MMA community, they would have to pay more.

Nice to see UFC finding more russian fighters. From what I've seen they tend to be entertaining and there's definitely tons of talent there, even though it might be hard to reach and find for now.

We need a TUF Russia. So many talents and prospects in mother Russia, the UFC needs to sign some of those before they become Bellator-no-way-out-of-your-contract fighters like Alvarez. Volkov and Minakov are two of the very few top HWs outside the UFC, but I doubt we'll see them inside the octagon.

This guy is signed to fight a Brazilian in Brazil. Seems like a win-win situation for the UFC: if the Brazilian guy demolishes Akhmedov, the Brazilian fan base will certainly grow even further, and if Akhmedov ends up winning, they've found a prospect with little resources spent, since I doubt they pay him much at all.

If they were to sign guys that are, like you said, known in the Russian MMA community, they would have to pay more.

It is easier and cheaper to sign another random brazilian or american fighter for that purpose. And then White makes comments like those after Krilov fight. U should't fight like that in the ufc, bla bla bla. :icon_neut Bellator already signed a group of good russian fighters, ufc tries to do the same. White also talked about first possible ufc event in Russia 2014. Hope, they don't plan to fill it with that nonames.

Last edited:
Back