Reaction score
I've recently bought some shizat.
Windys Training Gloves
Adidas Tactik Gloves
Ouano Shooto Gloves
Twins Shorts
TeamStandAlone shirts
===================--------------------------------------=====================
Windy Training Gloves(16oz): I got these off CSI for 29.99. When thinking of Windy, I think of a top notch company. I received the gloves, tried them on, etc. First off, I wear an XL in MMA gloves and while this did not come with sizes, I felt it fit more for a person with a bigger fist. Looks whise, it looked good. All blue with the yellow windy symbol look very good. I got 16's, so they are big, but for "training" gloves and 16oz gloves they werent that much bigger from my 14oz BAG gloves. I used them on a vinyl heavy bag and they got torn up. I know they arent made for the heavy bag, but cmon, it was one session. I'll use them primarily for SPARRING only. Synthetic leather blows i guess. 7/10
http://www.combatsports.com/detail.aspx?ID=24435
Adidas Tactik Gloves: I bought the 10oz bag gloves they had before they were discontinued and absolutely LOVED the elastic cuff and foam padding so I bought there 14oz Tactic training gloves. Initially I thought sparring but after some phone calls and research they aren't made for sparring. Which wasn't a problem with me... They are officially my bag/mitt glove and I absolutely love them. Elastic cuff, sufficienct padding, and their state-of-the-art foam padding I love. Not to mention they look sexy as hell with the black and orange/red. 9.5/10
http://www.combatsports.com/detail.aspx?ID=23680
Ouano Shooto Gloves: These gloves, I was also impressed with. I dont train much in MMA but I used these for double end bag and mitt work. SUFFICIENT ass padding. I can't believe they fight PRO with these things? They're like 4oz sparring gloves. Easy to break in compared to my truth's. 8/10
http://www.combatsports.com/detail.aspx?ID=23739
Twins Thai Shorts: Kinda like my Shooto gloves, I dont train much in Thai and MMA so these were kinda irrelevant. I got some cheesy ass design but what can I say for 3.95(right?)? Compared to my Fairtex's... These shorts were kinda shitty. If I dont wear underwear under them, you can see my junk which I found weird. They're very, for lack of better words, less-fabricy(fabricky?). Not to mention weak ass design. 5/10 compared to my fairtex's.
(can't find the URL for them)
TeamStandAlone T-Shirts: I got the cursive one and the one with the cool design on the ass. First off, they're excellent quality. Shirts feel perfect. I got a large in both, I walk around 170, and they fit fine. The grey fit a little bigger than the black but who the hell cares. I was very impressed with the quality and loved the design of the black one. Not to mention the customer service was nuts where I talked to him maybe 2-3-4 times a day through PM and he responded right away. He has a couple other shirts I plan on ordering when I collect a little more money and probably will get his shorts to go along. Order his shit, his designs are the shit...
www.teamstandalone.com

S7300274.jpg

S7300275.jpg

S7300276.jpg

S7300273.jpg

Gloves compared size whise
S7300278.jpg

S7300277.jpg

Twins Thai Shorts: Kinda like my Shooto gloves, I dont train much in Thai and MMA so these were kinda irrelevant. I got some cheesy ass design but what can I say for 3.95(right?)? Compared to my Fairtex's... These shorts were kinda shitty. If I dont wear underwear under them, you can see my junk which I found weird. They're very, for lack of better words, less-fabricy(fabricky?). Not to mention weak ass design. 5/10 compared to my fairtex's.

What the? Why would you not wear underwear under your Thai shorts anyway? I don't know anyone who goes commando under Thai shorts.. they're really.. just not designed for that..

What the? Why would you not wear underwear under your Thai shorts anyway? I don't know anyone who goes commando under Thai shorts.. they're really.. just not designed for that..
I was comparing the material to Fairtex... lol... I wasnt saying I go out in my Twins shorts with no shorts on under...:redface:

Nice. I was wondering about the cheapy Windy's. Guess I'll spend a bit more than I hoped I would.
On the Shooto gloves, have you hit anyone yet? It looks like good padding for MMA sparring (if a bit bulky), but I know looks can be decieving. Care to update after you've sparred w/ them?

Nice. I was wondering about the cheapy Windy's. Guess I'll spend a bit more than I hoped I would.
On the Shooto gloves, have you hit anyone yet? It looks like good padding for MMA sparring (if a bit bulky), but I know looks can be decieving. Care to update after you've sparred w/ them?
I dont spar MMA so I probably won't get much a chance... Maybe I'll ask one of the guys I train with outside the gym to roll. Compared to the Truth's, I would much rather get hit by the shootos. I was surprised there's so much padding for being a "professional" fight glove.

how much did u pay for the ouano shooto gloves--- u get them from csi on there sale-??

nice review

how much did u pay for the ouano shooto gloves--- u get them from csi on there sale-??

nice review
Yup 9.95 so they were defianately worth it. I've been using them with my double end bag and love them.

I also bought the Ouano Shooto gloves. They're good for DE bag, but make sure you wrap your knuckles really good if you want to hit the heavy bag for an extended time.

so those adidas tactik gloves are okay for heavy bag work?? How have they held up, I have a sand filled hard bag, will they be okay to use on that without tearing them up??

yea those are cheap twins made of nylon not there satin which ur fairtexs are prolly made of, quality twins satin shorts feel nice and pretty close to fairtex shorts.

dont wanna sound like a party pooper-- but you used a swear word in ur thread title-- dont want u to get in trouble --lol

those shooto gloves look solid i might have to look into them/.

Back