1. Monday Downtime - All Evolve Media Sites will be undergoing maintenance Monday March 30. This will occur during a window of 7 PM (Pacific Time) to Tuesday afternoon. We apologize for any inconvenience.

New respect for Cody

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by TerraRayzing, Dec 31, 2016.

1. TerraRayzing

TerraRayzing Little eagle soars again

Re watched the fight and his interviews and I really like the guy now. Long time Dom fan so I was rooting for him but Cody gave masterful performance and his genuine love towards the cancer patient was touching, he was really emotional when talking about it. Doubted him before but if he beats Cruz in a rematch and TJ, he will be a champ for a long, long time.
    War Cody. Still a Dom fan and will always be, lost to the better man but hats off to Cody too.

2. CJohnny

CJohnny Black Belt

Stop with those things, people. He won 1 fight against legit competition and you're already saying that he will be champ for a long time with just 1 more win. It's not like there isn't a lot of fighters who people said these same things and couldn't defend once.

I had him winning this fight, and he won. But Dominick fought in a terrible way, as well. And probably beats him if he fights like he did against TJ.

And TJ will probably beat him, too. The striking defense that he did show against Dominick, who doesn't have that great striking despite what some say, show to me that TJ will wreck him. His chin for sure is not like the dude TJ just beat.

3. FastTracker

FastTracker Brown Belt

yes, but he won against a guy who no one could touch, it's a really big thing. The guy followed a good gameplan and was pretty humble in his post fight speach .
    TJ tried to beat Dom at his own game, that's why he lost.

4. TerraRayzing

Speculation yes, but from what he showed, I don't see anyone but TJ and Dom beating him, and if Dom wasn't injured, he will have to make some serious adjustments to beat Cody. Boxing and solid TDD gets you far in the sport, obviously there are counters to that but Cody and Conor have really benefited from their boxing experience. Now, I'm not saying Cody is a better than Conor so chill out. :p

I love Dom. Watched him from long ago, reason why I rooted for him but he lost to a better fighter that night. Not saying he might not win a rematch, he definitely can but he needs adjustments.

Gregoire1 likes this.
  5. Jesse James

Jesse James Chastity Belt

I have to agree......I was rooting for Cruz also....but have to say Cody earned my respect.....

TerraRayzing likes this.
  6. jjthenextchamp1

jjthenextchamp1 Purple Belt

I don't even think it's appropriate for a lot of comments on this fight as far as new respect or how Dom did, because if a lot of people were like me, it was impossible to know Cody had this in him simply because I had never even seen a glimpse of it. I saw a few knockouts and that's what was highlighted. If he had even had one fight were he showed he could do what he did last night the odds and predictions of how the fight would go would have been very different. I will say I don't see TJ recovering from some of the shots Dom took.

7. skullmaskkid

skullmaskkid Banned Banned

the sherdog two step, from making fun of the guy before the fight, giving him absolutely no chance/respect, to latching right on to the bandwagon after his victory

he's been doing it in all of his fights. you just don't know what you are watching. Cody is the most fundamentally sound boxer in the division, but lemme guess you thought dom was the more "technical" striker.

stop believing hypes and actually learn the game

xx madskillz xx likes this.
  8. TerraRayzing

Anyone who goes through an epic war like that and is still humble afterwards is awesome. He surprised me, I thought he'd be emotional and would talk shit IF he did win but he did the opposite of it. Props.

Gregoire1 likes this.
  9. Hulk Brogan

Hulk Brogan Brown Belt

yo ts, it doesn't matter how much new respect u have for him, cody is still gonna give u....NO LOVE

TerraRayzing likes this.
  10. TerraRayzing

Dom lost and I'm still a fan, stop projecting retard.

Gregoire1 likes this.
  11. xx madskillz xx

xx madskillz xx Brown Belt

This