New Reebok deal details

Fighters must also wear Reebok apparel for any UFC-produced show including, Embedded, UFC Tonight, UFC Countdown, Ultimate Insider and The Ultimate Fighter.

That's a bit much lol.

wkROI7N.jpg

Obama ?:p

I don't know about most of you but if my employer says "this is how it is going to be" well that is how it is going to be. If I don't like it I can go elsewhere and the same applies to these guys.

Precisely. No one is being "forced" to do anything. Reebok made a deal with the UFC. The UFC makes deals with the fighters they sign. All of these deals are voluntary.

By reading the bleeding hearts running rampant on Sherdog, you'd think all of these fighters were enslaved in some kind of third-world sweatshop. :rolleyes:

This deal is paving the way for Bellator and WSOF to grow. I could see up and coming fighters not wanting to sign with the UFC based solely on this ridiculous deal alone. Could turn out to be great for their competition.

Well said. I wouldn't be surprised if someone tells me that Askren will be making more money per year than Aldo after this deal.

I like when a few folks compare it to other sports. It is like other sports minus the money. Garbage purses and now they are fucking you on the sponsors

Also the details are known by the athletes before it gets announced at some press conference or is posted on some website. They actually have a hand in the details of the deal. Some clown doesn't just say they get all the money and the athletes have no clue & are supposed to take their word. They also aren't designated independent contractors like UFC fighters. I don't know why clueless shills still keep saying if your boss at your job said.....

Last edited:
WTF??? Who the F*k thought of uniforms in the cage mma is not a team sport when the fighter steps in the cage.
I don't see how this benefits the lower tier fighters who still must keep that day job until a fight comes his way and this seems to prevent said athlete from seeking his own private sponsorship maybe from his/her supportive community or local business wanting to help ride a fighter success.

I don't know about most of you but if my employer says "this is how it is going to be" well that is how it is going to be. If I don't like it I can go elsewhere and the same applies to these guys. The UFC is looking out for themselves most businesses do this should be no surprise as it happens every day in every business. The big difference with these guys is that if they do well they can become millionaires.

We can do well and continue to make 70K a year.

Oh Murica, where greed is fantastic, cus hey, its legal

Bill Cosby should come out and say ya I raped those whores and you cant arrest me cus its been too long !

And the ol republican promise that youre gonna be rich if you just stick to the system and the tiny detail of being capable which 99.99% of the population isnt

"10. Fighters must also wear Reebok apparel for any UFC-produced show including, Embedded, UFC Tonight, UFC Countdown, Ultimate Insider and The Ultimate Fighter."

I think that's ridiculous.

I'd guess most of that agreement is just standard Boilerplate. The clause about paying for "lost" equipment was probably put there to stop fighters from giving "free" stuff to their friends. I can't imagine it being enforced in a legitimate scenario.

Bill Cosby should come out and say ya I raped those whores and you cant arrest me cus its been too long !
And the ol republican promise that youre gonna be rich if you just stick to the system and the tiny detail of being capable which 99.99% of the population isnt

You sir are a dolt

man, it's going to be a terrible day to see Anderson Silva out there without the standard black and yellow shorts. :(

Leave Anderson alone. He'll definitely be the weirdest one out of all the fighters to see dressed up in this crap.

Getting paid based off rankings is tough when you can drop from bullshit

Nate was in a contract dispute and removed from the LW rankings then he came back way lower

What? You mean inactivity can drop you in the rankings? You don't say...

man, it's going to be a terrible day to see Anderson Silva out there without the standard black and yellow shorts. :(

Leave Anderson alone. He'll definitely be the weirdest one out of all the fighters to see dressed up in this crap.

I think fighters of his caliber will get special treatment, which is hilarious in itself considering this deal is about uniforms lol

What the hell are you talking about?

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/1/1...st-wear-reebok-per-ufcs-new-policy-or-fighter

these rules are ridiculous, Dana said every penny from this deal would go to the fighters yet a portion is going to a charity which I think is kind of dumb, what if fighters don't want the extra money going to charity and would rather make a little extra money since they are losing sponsors.

I have doubts that the UFC is signing any sort of long term deal where the vast majority or a significant slice of revenue goes to the fighters.

Tough to implement, i foresee issues 😅

Good thing Cody is gone. He'd come in wearing Hanes.

Back