New Reebok deal details

I don't see what the big deal is here. Most jobs have some kind of dress-code, and many (especially when it comes to sports) have mandatory uniforms and gear requirements, too. These stipulations don't seem very different than what is rather typical.

The only issue I have is how this may restrict fighter-specific walk-out shirts. Perhaps they can still get their own walk-shirts made under the Reebok brand or something?

I agree. Those comparing it to slavery must be kids that haven't yet had any experiences with how the working world is.

I don't understand how this is good advertising for reebok. When I see a fighter wear Reebok, i'm not going to think "Man it must be good gear if Fighter X wears it". i'm going to think they have a gun to the fighters heads & are forcing them to have it, or else their fight will be cancelled.

I'm not buying anything reebok.

Same here.

It's idiotic.

Yeah but now they're ALL gonna be lame

At least the stupid brotastic ones were still unique

I disagree that some sort of combination of skulls, grenades, crosses and roses is unique in any way

I've never seen a walkout shirt that would be worn by anyone who cares about their appearance and has a fully functioning adult brain

I don't understand how this is good advertising for reebok. When I see a fighter wear Reebok, i'm not going to think "Man it must be good gear if Fighter X wears it". i'm going to think they have a gun to the fighters heads & are forcing them to have it, or else their fight will be cancelled.

I agree and I'm with you man. But remember, you're actually knowledgeable about MMA and take the time to read about the in's and out's of the sport. Many (majority?) of fans likely don't and they are the ones that are likely the target market for this sponsorship.

Even still, I'm hoping they see the name Reebok and say "fuuuuuck that".

For what must be at least the third time, it's so a SINGLE item can be returned as cage/ring-worn gear for use as promotional materials like trading cards.

A single item that was worn into the octagon, not including underwear.

They only wear shorts and gloves in and you have to give up one or the other, you can never have both

Thats pathetic, fuck your memories we gotta sell these

Just wear formal business attire...the whole time. Weighins, workouts and up to the cage on fight night. Make the fuckers wait while you take off the suit.lol

You don't understanding business & the importance of branding then

You don't understanding business & the importance of branding then

I dont.

Does anyone in this thread think reebok is a quality product if they have to force fighters to wear it? Anybody????

I like when a few folks compare it to other sports. It is like other sports minus the money. Garbage purses and now they are fucking you on the sponsors

Looks pretty lame to me. They have to pay for anything they lose. lol

1. Ranked fighters will get to pick their color scheme first, with the higher ranked fighter getting first selection if he/she faces another ranked opponent. Same colors can not be used. Unranked fighters will work with matchmakers to select colors.

2. Each fighter and their cornermen will be issued official Reebok gear upon arrival of host city. Product will include a gym bag, hoodie, T-shirt, workout shorts, weigh-in shorts, weigh-in walkout sweatpants, weigh-in T-shirt, weigh-in walkout hoodie, weigh-in hat, underwear, socks and shoes. Women will also be issued sports bras.

3. If any fighter or a member of their corner refuses to wear the issued gear, they will assessed a penalty which includes a fine and possibly removal from the event.

4. Fighters must wear Reebok-issued gear during all UFC sponsored events including open workouts, media day, weigh-ins and press conferences. A fighter can opt to wear business or business casual attire to the press conference instead of the issued gear.

5. A fighter is responsible for lost merchandise and/or replacement costs.

6. Fighters are paid by the UFC within 10 business days of their fight. Fighters are paid based on the UFC fighter pay scale and their official ranking at the time of weigh-in.

7. The UFC logo is not to be covered and no other logo and/or sponsor can be visible while UFC has the option to add another sponsor/logo to the attire.

8. All headphones worn by fighters must be supplied by

agree.jpg

Just wear formal business attire...the whole time. Weighins, workouts and up to the cage on fight night.l

wkROI7N.jpg

A single item that was worn into the octagon, not including underwear.

They only wear shorts and gloves in and you have to give up one or the other, you can never have both

Thats pathetic, fuck your memories we gotta sell these

You understand they already do this, right? It has little to nothing to do with Reebok.

Hahaha... despot turning the screw. Coker must be happy:icon_chee

I don't know about most of you but if my employer says "this is how it is going to be" well that is how it is going to be. If I don't like it I can go elsewhere and the same applies to these guys. The UFC is looking out for themselves most businesses do this should be no surprise as it happens every day in every business. The big difference with these guys is that if they do well they can become millionaires.

We can do well and continue to make 70K a year.

I'm on board. I'm also not going to buy anything Zuffa.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back