New Reebok deal details

There were 503 fights in 2014. That 1,006 times Reebok would have supplied shit to fighters. I doubt the cost is that bad for a company like Reebok.

Lol reebok is not what they used to be. They lost their nfl deal

9. After each fight, the fighter is required to select one piece of their official walkout gear-the product they physically wore to the Octagon (not including underwear) and return it to the UFC equipment manager.

Thats gross and weird..

Lol reebok is not what they used to be. They lost their nfl deal

Reebok belongs to Adidas.

Thats gross and weird..
For what must be at least the third time, it's so a SINGLE item can be returned as cage/ring-worn gear for use as promotional materials like trading cards.

it's so a SINGLE item can be returned as cage/ring-worn gear for use as promotional materials like trading cards.

I don't get it, man... If I were a fighter, I would refuse to give my worn shorts to anyone.

This deal is paving the way for Bellator and WSOF to grow. I could see up and coming fighters not wanting to sign with the UFC based solely on this ridiculous deal alone. Could turn out to be great for their competition.

Let me guess; one of the independent contracted fighters who totally agreed to this deal is the one who read and agreed to these new details and is letting everyone know...Amirite?

Last edited:
Rule number 9 is plain stupid.

They should be able to sell their stuff for some pennies to make up for lost sponsors and freedom.

Sounds pretty much like every sponsorship deal in major sports. People saying things like "draconian" are legit dumb lol.

I don't see what the big deal is here. Most jobs have some kind of dress-code, and many (especially when it comes to sports) have mandatory uniforms and gear requirements, too. These stipulations don't seem very different than what is rather typical.

The only issue I have is how this may restrict fighter-specific walk-out shirts. Perhaps they can still get their own walk-shirts made under the Reebok brand or something?

Is there any info on how much the fighters will make from this?

The worst thing for me is they take something you wore into the Octagon, fighters often sell such items for charity or if they go broke, and with the salaries in the UFC one is a lot more likely than the other

I don't understand how this is good advertising for reebok. When I see a fighter wear Reebok, i'm not going to think "Man it must be good gear if Fighter X wears it". i'm going to think they have a gun to the fighters heads & are forcing them to have it, or else their fight will be cancelled.

I'm not buying anything reebok.

Rule number 9 is plain stupid.

They should be able to sell their stuff for some pennies to make up for lost sponsors and freedom.

You can. You return ONE item of your choice, which is likely to be used as ring-worn memorabilia for sports cards. Feel free to do whatever the heck you want with the rest.

Back