New Reebok deal details

It sounds like the ufc really wanted whats best for the fighters when they signed this deal...

but you also have to wear it and if you lose it you get charged for it.

You really think its gonna be that hard for adults to keep track of their clothes?

especially when they are required to wear them all week?

If you're constantly losing clothes during fight week, you probably shouldn't have been granted a license to fight by the AC.

The real question is, will people actually start to buy Reebok shoes, shirts, etc now. I have my doubts.

According to the Athlete Outfitting Policy, fighters will get the "vast majority of the revenue," but a percentage will also go to the Fight for Peace charity. There was no solid information on actual amounts of money. The distribution will be determined by the rankings, which has already been reported, but no figures were released in the document.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/1/1...st-wear-reebok-per-ufcs-new-policy-or-fighter

these rules are ridiculous, Dana said every penny from this deal would go to the fighters yet a portion is going to a charity which I think is kind of dumb, what if fighters don't want the extra money going to charity and would rather make a little extra money since they are losing sponsors.

You really think its gonna be that hard for adults to keep track of their clothes?

especially when they are required to wear them all week?

I've worked with fighters for quite a while. That s#it will constantly get lost or taken. Also, what's more messed up is that why would Reebok not just let them have it? It's shameful.

Also, now these ridiculous rankings matter.... without any true objective ranking being used (such as FightMatrix).

Lol, not only do you get paid less, but you also have to wear it and if you lose it you get charged for it.

What a f#cking joke. Fighters should be all:

giphy.gif

I don't know if all fighters are getting paid less. From what I've been hearing it's tough to get sponsors. I'm sure some of the big stars are losing money but someone like say Caceras might make some money off this.

Also where are the fighters going to go? To Bellator which can't even afford to match UFC contracts? WSOF? The UFC is paying more then anyone else will. These fighters just need to work their way up wait until their contract comes up and have Bellator and UFC fight for them. Do exactly what Melendez did.

you gotta give the shit back after you are done with it , lmao

I've worked with fighters for quite a while. That s#it will constantly get lost or taken. Also, what's more messed up is that why would Reebok not just let them have it? It's shameful.

I had my first amateur fight in November. Someone took my walkout shirt when I was in he bathroom after my fight :(

I had my first amateur fight in November. Someone took my walkout shirt when I was in he bathroom after my fight :(

Hey, congrats on the fight!

Yeah, I can't tell you how many shirts, gloves, shorts, banners, mits, are misplaced, moved, lost, stolen, etc... during shows. It always happens.

Confirmed rankings matter.

Where the fuck you at, Emjay!?!?!

Just because they have some condition within the Reebok deal doesn't mean they matter for what they're supposed to matter for.

There will still be threads bitching about the rankings not making sense or not creating the right match ups and I'll be there to remind people that rankings don't matter.

Dudes coming off of losses may still get title shots. Unranked guys will still fight "top 5" guys. Injuries will continue to create wacky situations that render rankings useless. And if they can get any traction with them, so will super fights.

"We'll make the matchups the people want to see regardless of the rankings"

- Dana White

"Whoever wins in the most impressive fashion, gets the title shot"

- Dana White

Reebok ... shmeebok

Lol, not only do you get paid less, but you also have to wear it and if you lose it you get charged for it.

What a f#cking joke. Fighters should be all:

giphy.gif

Once the fighter signs, their ass literally belongs to them; what's aghast is the fact that UFC/Reebok are so tight-knit now. As if to say, you don't follow Reebok rules, UFC can cut you. Disgusting.

Nice GIF tho!

why would Reebok not just let them have it? It's shameful.

Your talking about giving away a lot of free stuff. How many events were in 2014? 45. 22 fighters a card. They're giving them about about $200 worth of stuff away and that's only including the fighters. If you add in the corner men it's even more.

At the end of the day MMA just isn't that big and people just need to come to grips with that this isn't the NFL/NBA.

Your talking about giving away a lot of free stuff. How many events were in 2014? 45. 22 fighters a card. They're giving them about about $200 worth of stuff away and that's only including the fighters. If you add in the corner men it's even more.

At the end of the day MMA just isn't that big and people just need to come to grips with that this isn't the NFL/NBA.

There were 503 fights in 2014. That 1,006 times Reebok would have supplied shit to fighters. I doubt the cost is that bad for a company like Reebok.

Back