New Program Feedback wanted

Discussion in 'Strength & Conditioning Discussion' started by WinterIsComing, Apr 16, 2008.

1. WinterIsComing

WinterIsComing Blue Belt

Just hoping to get some feedback on the new program I'm going to start next week. A few things to note pyramid refers to me pyramiding up to heavy doubles and singles. Quantity refers to high reps with little to no added weight.

Week 1:
    Monday:
    Squat: 5x5
    F. Squat: Pyramid

Wednesday:
    Dips: Quantity
    Bench: 5x5
    Military: Pyramid

Friday:
    Deadlift: Pyramid
    Pullups: Quantity
    BOR: 5x5

Week 2:
    Monday:
    Squat: Pyramid
    F. Squat: 5x5
    BOR: 5x5

Wednesday:
    Dips: 5x5
    Bench: Pyramid
    Military: 5x5

Friday:
    Deadlift: 5x5
    Pullups: 5x5
    Chinups: Quantity

After week 2 I would switch back to week 1. I know its not a strict pull, push squat program but I adjusted it a bit to fit me and I didnt feel like trying to learn new compound lifts just yet. Hence why there are no good mornings, cleans, snatches, etc...

2. Chaseg1520

Chaseg1520 Green Belt

I think it looks pretty solid... but I really do think that this program could be easily run in a pull/push/squat variation and would be just as effective...

3. beef curtains

beef curtains Yellow Belt

Seems fine. One thing I might do is save the quantity lifts for after the heavy lifts to get the most out of your 5x5s and pyramids (ie light dips after bench and ohp instead of first).

I basically do a pull, push, squat routine, but I just do whatever I feel like doing each day. There is really no set periodization to my rep schemes and exercises. Depending on my mood and how my body feels, I'll go heavy or do volume or deloading work. So instead of a wave, it would really look more like a drunk guy staggering back home in the dark.