New Platform uniting BJJ Instructors and Students for Private Lessons

slickster

twitch.tv/techwarriorz
@Blue
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

As some of you on the forums know, outside of grappling, I'm a software developer... Last week for the first time in months, I actually had some time to build something that I've wanted to do for awhile. Long story short, I recently (very quietly) released ExtraJitz.com .

ExtraJitz is a discovery platform for BJJ Instructors and Students to sync up and schedule/negotiate private lessons. Since its a new platform, It is free for instructors to sign-up and use this platform (for the first six months), and for BJJ Students there are no upfront payments, you schedule the lessons with the instructors and pay them directly.

Once again the site is ExtraJitz.com and we look forward to seeing you guys on the site :)

Cheers,
Slickster

Would be a great tool to find people near you when traveling or moving.

Cool idea, but man I hate the name :)

This is similar to the app that came out a while ago for guitar teachers, right? Good luck and I hope it works well for you.

Didn't want to create a new post for this, but we recently implemented an open source video portal :), would love to see the instructors on this site, sign-up and share their videos :)

Thanks a lot Arun! Greatly appreciated :) Also that video you put up was slick!

Alright... Did a full-site redesign... and in addition to instructors being able to put up techniques... they can now put up blog posts as well.

We're now upto 20 instructors on the site... the goal is 200 by January (when we start heavily promoting to consumers.

I feel like this could be a cool initiative, but I would recommend investing a little more in the design, or using a pre-made template. Maybe it's just me, but the way the site looks right now (layout problems, low-quality photos, blurry texture) I don't think I would trust it to help me find a qualified instructor.

I know it's hard to hear your work being criticized, but I really think a better design could make a big difference!

Back