New personal favorite idiot in the gym moment

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I did a huge disservice to the Marines today.

I go to a "recreation center", not a gym. This means the only people in there are middle-aged, never competed a day in their life, never put in any physical effort working out, never thought for themselves regarding exercise, easliy impressed by machines and stretchy shirts on trainers couples.

This "recreation center" is in the Bay Area. Thus the examples of mediocrity I just cited also collectively choose to not think for shit and instead just adopt whatever retarded attitudes come out of Berkeley.

So into this environment I go in wearing a Marines shirt. I tried a PR in zercher squats and several times my arms just gave out and I dropped the weight. I didn't think the slams were very loud considering the music blaring and the buzz of some thirty machines running simultaneously but I swear every eye was digging daggers into my back after every set. They might as well have had thought balloons like in the comics over their heads because their malice was so obvious. I know they think that the entire USMC is a collection of retards who are set to make life unpleasant for everyone while they systematically 'destroy their back and knees'.

.......i dont get it. So are you the idiot?

I go to a "recreation center", not a gym. This means the only people in there are middle-aged, never competed a day in their life, never put in any physical effort working out, never thought for themselves regarding exercise, easliy impressed by machines and stretchy shirts on trainers couples.

This "recreation center" is in the Bay Area. Thus the examples of mediocrity I just cited also collectively choose to not think for shit and instead just adopt whatever retarded attitudes come out of Berkeley.

So into this environment I go in wearing a Marines shirt. I tried a PR in zercher squats and several times my arms just gave out and I dropped the weight. I didn't think the slams were very loud considering the music blaring and the buzz of some thirty machines running simultaneously but I swear every eye was digging daggers into my back after every set. They might as well have had thought balloons like in the comics over their heads because their malice was so obvious. I know they think that the entire USMC is a collection of retards who are set to make life unpleasant for everyone while they systematically 'destroy their back and knees'.

... nice try?

If they can't handle someone puttin' in some effort, screw them. If anything, they should be thinking, "Wow, that guy in the Marines shirt is actually doing something. I should try to be like that." Therefore, they are the idiots.

Unfortunately I often get stuck lifting at the YMCA near me (lol) and the leg press machine will only hold about 24, 45 pound plates. So I usually start with about 18 and work my way up depending on how I'm feeling, but whenever I get near fully loaded random people will come up to me saying I will blow my knees out, granted I'm extremely flexible so I am using full ROM and not even making any noise when on my last reps.

To make up for it random idiots will come up and say something like wow thats alot or ask if it is 2000 pounds when it isn't even close. (usually curl monkey's who were hogging the rack right before I decided to leg press first who have legs as thick as a soda can.)

Unfortunately I often get stuck lifting at the YMCA near me (lol) and the leg press machine will only hold about 24, 45 pound plates. So I usually start with about 18 and work my way up depending on how I'm feeling, but whenever I get near fully loaded random people will come up to me saying I will blow my knees out, granted I'm extremely flexible so I am using full ROM and not even making any noise when on my last reps.

To make up for it random idiots will come up and say something like wow thats alot or ask if it is 2000 pounds when it isn't even close. (usually curl monkey's who were hogging the rack right before I decided to leg press first who have legs as thick as a soda can.)

lol at leg presses. Self pwnd. Do some damn squats!

I am officially boycotting the new thread. I say we keep this one alive, seems to be working just fine to me.

Work?

my old fitness manager at ballys used to bench press with wrist straps.

it was 135lbs, and he did maybe half a rep with a very mean face. apparently he was a bodog fighter.

what is this leg press you speak of?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FPSFn1MQcNo&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FPSFn1MQcNo&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

i just wanted to share

I like this thread, good place to vent. I've got a story that I'd like to share.
So this past summer in my hometown gym, I'm working out there with a friend, and there are these four douches that are in their 40s. They all have beer guts, but they walk around with that smugness....you know, that smugness that douchebags get. The ones that grunt and yell on EVERY FREAKING REP. So anyways, they go over to the squat racks. They place a chair, and set the cross bars high enough, so that when you are seated and the bar is over head, your arms will be almost fully extended when they grab it. So, I'm doing pull ups, when all of a sudden I hear "RARR!" "RARR!" "RARR!" like someone is screaming it. I look, and the guy is in the chair, and i kid you not, he is doing shoulder presses with the bar, but he moves the bar two inches, and then his arm is already fully extended, then he brings it down two inches to rest on the crossbar. Then his buddy gets on, and I get back to my workout when I hear "YEAHHHH!!!" "YEAHHH!" "YEAHHH!". I kid you not, on every single freaking rep. It was as loud as if you were at a football game, and your team just scored, and you yell "YEAHHH!!!" It was freaking ridiculous, I'm not pro when it comes to working out methods, but I'm pretty sure that it was a freaking ridiculous, stupid, and annoying as hell workout. ahhhh I feel better now

One guy at the gym benches 225...by arching his back so much that I could probably crawl through it. Not to mention he bounces the bar off of his chest hard enough to crack hist sternum.
He's got a good arch then, but bouncing the weight is dumb

you must be jacked, lol at n00bs who squat and dont leg press

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back