New personal favorite idiot in the gym moment

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Green Monkey

Saw a guy stalking around the DB rack with straps on his wrists and I just had to see what the fuck he was doing -

When he strapped up 25s and proceeded to do curls, I nearly shit myself.

Yeah, those 25lbers really, really get heavy during your max pump super-definition set.

I'm crying just thinking about it.

I'd hate to think how his grip would hold up in a dead lift.

Which is more disturbing?

The fact he did it

OR

The fact you let him live.

Of course, I could be assuming here......

Saw a guy stalking around the DB rack with straps on his wrists and I just had to see what the fuck he was doing -

When he strapped up 25s and proceeded to do curls, I nearly shit myself.

Yeah, those 25lbers really, really get heavy during your max pump super-definition set.

I'm crying just thinking about it.

That's nothing untill you see someone doing curls on the smith machine. Sigh... he didn't have wraps though so I'll give him that.

c'mon guys lighten up! the guy probably was really focusing on the peaks of his "bi's." i bet this guy has a great horshoe on his "tri's".

stupid mirror lifting douches.

*takes headphones off*

Hey guys, I just got back from the gym, man, my biceps are peaked as fuck, but the straps really tore at my wrists.

So...what's up?

Yeah, I have to say stuff like that never use to bother me much when I was in the gym. I just went about my business, but I have been noticing it much more and it is starting to piss me off. Especially the curling in the squat rack. I was doing legs the other day, and at my gym they have two squat racks. This guy comes in all pumped up and loads on a 10 and a 5 lb weight to the bar on the other rack, and I am just thinking "oh shit here we go." Of course, he starts ripping out some major cheat curls - throwing his back around and grunting. It took everything I had not to just lok at him and shake my head. Eventually he went off to do some other curls - with curl bars, dumbells, and eventually on the cable machines. It was bad.

The more equipment you use for your lifting, the more hardcore you look.

I never get tired of these curl-monkey stories.
I also need to vent.

So, I was at the powerrack in the gym doing squats (my gym has 5 powerracks btw, awsome:D ). All the racks where taken and I noticed this curlmonkey/quartersquater pacing around waiting for a powerrack to be available. I finished my squats and was warming up to do some OHP. Normally I do them outside the cage cause I feel guilty hogging up a powerrack without really needing it.

So this guy asked me if I was finished, and I was like "yeah, I just gonna do some OHP, so I dont really need it. Are you gonna squat".

He said "no I

I prefer the guy who slams back some NO-Explode and sips an electorlyte drink while consuming some Energy Gels during his 20 minute walk on the treadmill.

I prefer the guy who slams back some NO-Explode and sips an electorlyte drink while consuming some Energy Gels during his 20 minute walk on the treadmill.

Supplement0wned.

Aside from the curl monkeys, one of the most annoying gym people are the perpetual talkers. There is this guy at my gym who I have saw do a total of 2 machines (both ab machines, and he has a huge beer gut). The guy never doesn anything besides talk to people, and walk around the track. I have actually seen this guy standing on a tred mill talking to someone who was running. If you are going to stand on the mother fucker, at least put it to some use besides a leaning station. I just want to smack the guy every time I see him.

I have a story that I need to vent about.

So the other day, I was doing my heavy squat workout, and between sets I was coaching my friend, teaching him dynamic rows. I was having trouble with good descriptions, and he was having trouble with the movement, so I ran a little over on my 5 min rest period, BUT MY BAR WAS STILL LOADED. So this guy walks over to the rack, a big fat guy with a FCF shirt and music blaring in his headphones. He raises the pins to OHP/quartersquat level, mind you he took like 4 seconds to do this, and I hadn't even noticed yet. He replaced my 45 10 and 5 on one side with a 25, so I stood in the powerrack staring at him, and he finally looked at me so I shrugged my hands up and gave him a face like "WTF YOU DOING FATTY?" he turned his music down, not even taking his headphones out. I said:
"hey I'm doing squats"
"you were talking to your bud"
"it's called resting, didn't you see the weight"
"when are you going to be done"
"I have 2 sets of squats and then 3 sets of lunges"
AND HE ROLLED HIS EYES AT ME. Now mind you he was bigger, maybe even stronger, but surely not faster, but you NEVER want to roll your eyes at someone, yaknow.

He proceeded to do rope rows on the cable machine, and when I was finished he went back over to the power rack, put on his wrist wraps, and starting cranking out quarter rep OHP's with THE BAR.

I don't know what's worse, the fact that his attitude was bad, or the fact that he wanted to use the rack to crank out reps with the bar, which there are elsewhere.

I have a story that I need to vent about.

So the other day, I was doing my heavy squat workout, and between sets I was coaching my friend, teaching him dynamic rows. I was having trouble with good descriptions, and he was having trouble with the movement, so I ran a little over on my 5 min rest period, BUT MY BAR WAS STILL LOADED. So this guy walks over to the rack, a big fat guy with a FCF shirt and music blaring in his headphones. He raises the pins to OHP/quartersquat level, mind you he took like 4 seconds to do this, and I hadn't even noticed yet. He replaced my 45 10 and 5 on one side with a 25, so I stood in the powerrack staring at him, and he finally looked at me so I shrugged my hands up and gave him a face like "WTF YOU DOING FATTY?" he turned his music down, not even taking his headphones out. I said:
"hey I'm doing squats"
"you were talking to your bud"
"it's called resting, didn't you see the weight"
"when are you going to be done"
"I have 2 sets of squats and then 3 sets of lunges"
AND HE ROLLED HIS EYES AT ME. Now mind you he was bigger, maybe even stronger, but surely not faster, but you NEVER want to roll your eyes at someone, yaknow.

He proceeded to do rope rows on the cable machine, and when I was finished he went back over to the power rack, put on his wrist wraps, and starting cranking out quarter rep OHP's with THE BAR.

I don't know what's worse, the fact that his attitude was bad, or the fact that he wanted to use the rack to crank out reps with the bar, which there are elsewhere.

Holy hell. This wasn't some 200 lb. bar that I have never heard of was it? Because if it was a 45 lb. bar someone should kick that dude in the head.

Aside from the curl monkeys, one of the most annoying gym people are the perpetual talkers. There is this guy at my gym who I have saw do a total of 2 machines (both ab machines, and he has a huge beer gut). The guy never doesn anything besides talk to people, and walk around the track. I have actually seen this guy standing on a tred mill talking to someone who was running. If you are going to stand on the mother fucker, at least put it to some use besides a leaning station. I just want to smack the guy every time I see him.

There's a guy at my gym who does way too much stuff, mostly high volume, drenched in sweat from basketball. Every day he's in, he goes to the decline bench, which is used for decline situps mostly, to do somewhere in the neighborhood of 400 shitty crunches. Sounds hard. Not really. He grips the back of his head, burying it in his chest, eyes closed. One day I was doing weighted sits, I had the plate on the bench, with my chalk, my water and my phone (it has my workout log in it), and I was pacing around it. He comes up to it closes his eyes and starts repping away. Being polite and drained, since it was the last thing of my workout I just stood at his feet saying "sir" over and over again. I gave up and went to go whine to one of the trainers, and the guy took 15 whole minutes for his set. Normally I would be impatient but I just saw too much humor in it. I would love to give the guy some idea how to do a crunch, or a sit up.

Holy hell. This wasn't some 200 lb. bar that I have never heard of was it? Because if it was a 45 lb. bar someone should kick that dude in the head.

Nope, and he wasn't going all the way down OR locking out.

I love my gym.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ou6G4dyIu34"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ou6G4dyIu34" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back