New personal favorite idiot in the gym moment- v 2.0

• Thread starter Deleted member 87037
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Monday, my favorite day to workout.
I actually like the rush hour on Mondays at the gym I go to (LA Fitness, a lot of people). Mainly because I never bench so all I need is monopolize a bar and do my Deads, BORs and then I get into the power rack to squats. Or do some cleans and clean and jerks. In the meantime I have learned to enjoy the stupidity of people plus I get to look at the girls.

I decided Im gonna bench more often so I go to the incline bench first. I usually start with deadlifts but since Im also on the Smolov for squats plus the deadlift Russian program I will be too tired to do well in other lifts after the Deads. And since the benches are so busy I don't mind waiting since I haven't started with anything.
I wait for my turn, take the Inc bench, do my warmups and then do 5 sets of 2 reps with 180. 1 minute rest between sets and the bar at the chest for 2 seconds. While Im at it I see a guido almost having a heart attack trying to dumbell press 120 lbs dumbells. His friend got a killer arms workout with the spot. It's funny how so many people can outbench me at that area, at that time. But they are the same people that can't pull that much weight so, I guess I win.

I move to the power rack and there he is again. Mr Shadowboxing.
He's this guy that gets into the rack, holds 2.5 lbs plates and shadowboxes in the rack. He's buff, very big upper body and very skinny legs. He always wears Tapout shorts, carries a Tapout bag and sometimes a tapout shirt. But this time he was wearing an Everlast shirt. He probably fights UFC.

Im on the Smolov, Week 3, Day 1. 70% of 1 RPM, 4 sets of 9 with 210 lbs after warmup. Damn they were hard, but went up without trouble. I wonder what do people look at since it's not even two plates. Oh yeah that's right, when they see somebody going a little bit under parallel they probably wonder what's going on.
While Im at it there's this chick at the squat rack next to me. She's hot and cool, Ive talked to her before. She actually approaches people to ask things. Two weeks before she asked me what I was doing (C and Js). She has a killer body, not that pretty, has some acne but who cares I'd hit it.
I come back for my last set of squats and two guys are taking out the plates out of the bar even though my notebook is in the rack, my water and my little gym bag. I tell them "excuse me, Im not done". They say "oh sorry" and re rack everything. They move aside and start doing shoulder exercises with 25 lbs plates. For the sake of mankind I hope they were not planning to do that, with the plates, inside the rack.
I'm done, time for deads.

Warmups with the bar, 10 reps with 175, 8 reps with 210, 5 reps with 245. I go to re fill my water, make eye contact with the girl on the way back, she says hi, asks me about deadlifts and how many times I do them a week (once, twice now that Im on a program). She then tells me she didn't sleep last night and she's here just because she feels obligated to work out after I told her she looked tired doing squats. Then we talk about form and I tell her she should go a little deeper and tell her what parallel is (She goes a little bit over parallel). She tells me a trainer told her that like that she works the butt more. Im explaining her that ATG squats can make her work the butt even more, just careful with the form and...wait, wtf is that. guys are trying to unrack my weights, gtfo.
Whatever, I re start my deads, another two guys approach to ask me if Im done, I say no I have a while left. They go away, come back with a bar taken from the decline bench that people don't use that much. They take it into the power rack and start curling 45-65 with some of the loudest growls you can think of. Buddy curls by the way. Nothing like blasting the guns with your friend.
Anyway I worked up to 325 for 4 reps, 3 sets (Then a couple of sets with less weight). After Im done with the first of those sets one trainer looks at me and asks me if Im ok. I know the guy is on juice, talking about it with some old dude he told me that most trainers were on juice at that moment lol. Not that I criticize that but I decided to throw a little joke. I told him I was on this deadlift Russian program and that Russians have a different view on steroids and that they are not seen as something too bad over there. So these Russian programs are made by people on roids for people on roids and since Im not on roids it's a little bit hard, but Im still stronger than most juice heads in the gym that are bigger than me. He looked embarrased. That was a douchebag moment from me but whatever. That's what he gets for not squatting to parallel.
Im done with the Deads and start some C & Js. From 135 to 175. While Im at it some dude goes to the squat rack, warms up and does 345 lbs squats ATG for 5 reps and for 4 sets. He looked not heavier than 190 lbs. I felt weak.

Time for me to go. Im picking up my stuff and some guy approaches the guy that was squatting 345. He picks up that tampoon for people that don't wanna feel pressure when squatting and asks him if he's using it. The dude looks at him and says the golden words

"Hell no!! That thing is like a tampoon. It's for the pussies".

It was a good day.

That's why they shouldn't allow GnP for the lowest level of amateur MMA, it's just stupid.

What are you talking about? You shouldn't be trying to fight MMA without solid striking and grappling. The guy that got taken down and pounded on is to blame for showing up unprepared.

Monday, my favorite day to workout.
I actually like the rush hour on Mondays at the gym I go to (LA Fitness, a lot of people). Mainly because I never bench so all I need is monopolize a bar and do my Deads, BORs and then I get into the power rack to squats. Or do some cleans and clean and jerks. In the meantime I have learned to enjoy the stupidity of people plus I get to look at the girls.

I decided Im gonna bench more often so I go to the incline bench first. I usually start with deadlifts but since Im also on the Smolov for squats plus the deadlift Russian program I will be too tired to do well in other lifts after the Deads. And since the benches are so busy I don't mind waiting since I haven't started with anything.
I wait for my turn, take the Inc bench, do my warmups and then do 5 sets of 2 reps with 180. 1 minute rest between sets and the bar at the chest for 2 seconds. While Im at it I see a guido almost having a heart attack trying to dumbell press 120 lbs dumbells. His friend got a killer arms workout with the spot. It's funny how so many people can outbench me at that area, at that time. But they are the same people that can't pull that much weight so, I guess I win.

I move to the power rack and there he is again. Mr Shadowboxing.
He's this guy that gets into the rack, holds 2.5 lbs plates and shadowboxes in the rack. He's buff, very big upper body and very skinny legs. He always wears Tapout shorts, carries a Tapout bag and sometimes a tapout shirt. But this time he was wearing an Everlast shirt. He probably fights UFC.

Im on the Smolov, Week 3, Day 1. 70% of 1 RPM, 4 sets of 9 with 210 lbs after warmup. Damn they were hard, but went up without trouble. I wonder what do people look at since it's not even two plates. Oh yeah that's right, when they see somebody going a little bit under parallel they probably wonder what's going on.
While Im at it there's this chick at the squat rack next to me. She's hot and cool, Ive talked to her before. She actually approaches people to ask things. Two weeks before she asked me what I was doing (C and Js). She has a killer body, not that pretty, has some acne but who cares I'd hit it.
I come back for my last set of squats and two guys are taking out the plates out of the bar even though my notebook is in the rack, my water and my little gym bag. I tell them "excuse me, Im not done". They say "oh sorry" and re rack everything. They move aside and start doing shoulder exercises with 25 lbs plates. For the sake of mankind I hope they were not planning to do that, with the plates, inside the rack.
I'm done, time for deads.

Warmups with the bar, 10 reps with 175, 8 reps with 210, 5 reps with 245. I go to re fill my water, make eye contact with the girl on the way back, she says hi, asks me about deadlifts and how many times I do them a week (once, twice now that Im on a program). She then tells me she didn't sleep last night and she's here just because she feels obligated to work out after I told her she looked tired doing squats. Then we talk about form and I tell her she should go a little deeper and tell her what parallel is (She goes a little bit over parallel). She tells me a trainer told her that like that she works the butt more. Im explaining her that ATG squats can make her work the butt even more, just careful with the form and...wait, wtf is that. guys are trying to unrack my weights, gtfo.
Whatever, I re start my deads, another two guys approach to ask me if Im done, I say no I have a while left. They go away, come back with a bar taken from the decline bench that people don't use that much. They take it into the power rack and start curling 45-65 with some of the loudest growls you can think of. Buddy curls by the way. Nothing like blasting the guns with your friend.
Anyway I worked up to 325 for 4 reps, 3 sets (Then a couple of sets with less weight). After Im done with the first of those sets one trainer looks at me and asks me if Im ok. I know the guy is on juice, talking about it with some old dude he told me that most trainers were on juice at that moment lol. Not that I criticize that but I decided to throw a little joke. I told him I was on this deadlift Russian program and that Russians have a different view on steroids and that they are not seen as something too bad over there. So these Russian programs are made by people on roids for people on roids and since Im not on roids it's a little bit hard, but Im still stronger than most juice heads in the gym that are bigger than me. He looked embarrased. That was a douchebag moment from me but whatever. That's what he gets for not squatting to parallel.
Im done with the Deads and start some C & Js. From 135 to 175. While Im at it some dude goes to the squat rack, warms up and does 345 lbs squats ATG for 5 reps and for 4 sets. He looked not heavier than 190 lbs. I felt weak.

Time for me to go. Im picking up my stuff and some guy approaches the guy that was squatting 345. He picks up that tampoon for people that don't wanna feel pressure when squatting and asks him if he's using it. The dude looks at him and says the golden words

"Hell no!! That thing is like a tampoon. It's for the pussies".

It was a good day.

If you don't fuck it up you could be banging her by the end of the week.

my love for you is like a truck Berserker
would you like to suck my CoC Berserker?

my love for you is ticking clock Berserker
would you like some making fuck Berserker?

Is mine the only gym that has become infested by people doing 1-legged GMs? Even the very few people who do squat (high) have started doing them...

That was a seriously quality thread.

In order to get into the competition, he had to tell the organizer than he had one years experience in both BJJ and Muai Thai. When informed that he needed shin guards in order to fight, he chose to skip the shin guards and forgo kicking of any kind. *facepalm*

Although, on the other hand, I still give the guy props for actually going through with it. It takes balls to fight, even if your opponent is a yellow belt in TKD.

I'm reading it now. This is a quote from the guy - made me laugh.

I am not a troll. I know this is very irrational and somewhat irresponsible but sadly, this is very serious.

my love for you is like a truck Berserker
would you like to suck my CoC Berserker?

my love for you is ticking clock Berserker
would you like some making fuck Berserker?

5396657_std.jpg

Epic post Toqui. Sounds like a good day at the gym.

New guy at the gym yesterday, I call him Captain One Set, in that he kept moving around the gym doing one set of various exercises. I know some people do circuits or barbell complexes but this wasn't it. He took a few minutes between each set. Here is what he did:

- flat bench
- tricep kickbacks
- sloppy hang full cleans (do people even do hang full cleans?)
- one leg, stability ball reverse flies
- leg raises
- flat bench

After that I stopped paying attention. For the one leg stability ball flies he was sitting on a stability ball with one leg on the ground and the other straight out in front of him. He held two dumbbells and did what can be best described as a reverse fly motion except his body was vertical, so I guess it worked his shoulders (??).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back