New path to UFC? Tonight’s Kids MMA weigh ins, press conference for tomorrows cage fights.

Irresponsible Dad

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Can’ sleep, litttle nervous about Tomorrow figures I hang with the Sherbros. So tonight was pretty wild in Florida watching these youth MMA kids go through weigh ins media and a little press conference. Is this the way to prepare our kids for future UFC stardom? Two world champion MMA kids were in the group. I personally saw those two kids beat large brackets of kids from countries all over the world (including Russia and Dagestan). Rhonin “The Sherdog Kid” Swenson had a blast. -video is set to private not promoting a video I seriously thought this was great for the kids and great for a kid aspiring to do MMA later in life. Wanted to hear your opinion if it’s a good thing or if I’m just being an affliction dad again.

**** Update - He lost... ****

Last edited:
Kids start boxing at that age....i started my first martial art at about 7.

There's probably right and wrong ways to go about it but you as a parent with experience in that area are much more qualified to make decisions or even give opinions than i am

The press conference idea..

giphy.gif

I wish I had this as a kid.

I did martial arts and we geeked out about different styles against each other and now look where we are.

Kids these days are so spoiled.

I'd just have a problem if the kids were being forced to do it.

Is ground and pound allowed?? Not sure I like children that young kneeing and elbowing each other in the face.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ny...rld/asia/thailand-children-muay-thai.amp.html

But if you want your Children dropping in IQ & Brain function.

Wrestling & Martial Arts Are not meant for combat more discipline, self-defense & competition. I started my 12 yr old Sister in Taekwondo a few months ago as a outlet. But I wanted to fight amateur MMA when I was 17. Which is a good age that you make your own decisions. Meh whatever.

Last edited:
Is ground and pound allowed?? Not sure I like children that young kneeing and elbowing each other in the face.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ny...rld/asia/thailand-children-muay-thai.amp.html

But if you want your Children dropping in IQ & Brain function.

Wrestling & Martial Arts Are not meant for combat more discipline, self-defense & competition. I started my 12 yr old Sister in Taekwondo a few months ago as a outlet. But I wanted to fight amateur MMA when I was 17. Which is a good age that you make your own decisions. Meh whatever.
No knees, elbows, head shots ect. Very low injury rate.

I wish I had this as a kid.

I did martial arts and we geeked out about different styles against each other and now look where we are.

Kids these days are so spoiled.

I'd just have a problem if the kids were being forced to do it.

kids where loving it. It was obvious they wanted to be there and were soaking in the special treatment.

“Two world champion MMA kids”

I get that they are kids.. but they did win nationals, were selected for Team USA, traveled to Worlds (sponsored by UFC) in Rome Italy, got in the cage many time and won every match. There were over 300 kids there from 27 countries. The had 16 man double elimination brackets.

what would you call them?

Worlds 2019:

more worlds 2019

Yeah, scramble their brains when they're kids

Your name checks out

Back