New pair of shin guards sizing question

richruzz

White Belt
Reaction score
My old pair of shin guards are pretty much done and are looking for a longer term pair to last me and was looking at these Hayabusa Pro Striking Shin Instep Guards - MMAWarehouse.com

The only question I have now is sizing, my calf is at about 14' or a little tiny bit over, which falls straight into the middle of S/M and L/XL sizing and I am confused on which one I should go with and was looking for advice. I'm 6'1 about 170-180 currently if that helps any.

I've heard they tend to run small on western standards, so being 6'1 they probably won't cover the appropriate amount of area you'd like on your shin. Though if you're keen on buying them definitely go for L/XL.

Yeah probably a better bet to go with L/XL, thanks for the advice guys.

My old pair of shin guards are pretty much done and are looking for a longer term pair to last me and was looking at these Hayabusa Pro Striking Shin Instep Guards - MMAWarehouse.com

The only question I have now is sizing, my calf is at about 14' or a little tiny bit over, which falls straight into the middle of S/M and L/XL sizing and I am confused on which one I should go with and was looking for advice. I'm 6'1 about 170-180 currently if that helps any.

I think that you might want to look into another option specifically the King Shin and Instep that's sold in 4 different sizes. I have been using these

King Professional Shin Guards

for about 9 months and they are awesome. I especially like that the protection goes up a bit higher and covers some of the knee, thereby helping to avoid some contact and bruising up there. According to the sizing chart one of the 4 sizes should meet your needs.

Also, there was a tread here a week or so ago that said Totiro-USA had a promotion going for 15% off using a code JULY-15. It may still work. If not contact them directly and ask for it. Who knows.

Back