New Painting: Fedor

Mainly do horror movie related stuff, but have done a handful of mma stuff over the years.
Here's a nate diaz
lFnpY8p.jpg

Joanna
IJQU3BG.jpg

Nick
CV6FIhn.jpg
cool, my favorite is the nick diaz one

I agree with the others who said while the painting itself was technically fine, the expression on his face makes him look afraid, and it was a bad moment to use in my very humble opinion as someone with no artistic talent.

Very impressive. Of all talents (musical, athletic, etc) I wish I had artistic talent. Don’t get me wrong, I understand it takes a lot of work to develop talent, but I have no eye for it. It’s tough to improve when you can’t see what makes your work bad, only that it is bad.

Nice. You should paint one of Rousey getting kicking in the head.

Very impressive. Of all talents (musical, athletic, etc) I wish I had artistic talent. Don’t get me wrong, I understand it takes a lot of work to develop talent, but I have no eye for it. It’s tough to improve when you can’t see what makes your work bad, only that it is bad.
These are things you learn, nobody just has an eye for it or know what to look for at first.

Well, then you failed. You made him look scared, which he doesn't look in the original photo. I have a feeling you did it deliberately. If you wanted to portray his warrior spirit from the fight you could have just use this for example:

374dfbf2939fe68fc50e3912a781af22dba0ae32.jpg

"I'll tell you what you want, mate. You want a bloody photographer! Not a creative artist with some imagination!"

I dig the painting and interpretation.

These are things you learn, nobody just has an eye for it or know what to look for at first.
Very true. I never studied art seriously, but I took a couple classes in high school. I’ve seen kids grab a pencil and produce something in minutes that was better than I could produce in hours, so I think my artistic potential is pretty low.
It has always amused me when I see a crime show with a sketch artist and the witness is easily able to tell the artist how to adjust his sketch. I’d be completely useless at that.
‘Sorry, man, it doesn’t look like him.’
‘Well, what needs to be changed?’
‘No clue, sorry.’

Bigfoot never had a TRT exemption through an athletic comission until he fought Mark Hunt in the UFC. It's possible that he could have snuck something, but he passed the same tests that Fedor did. Plus Bigfoot was KO's by Cormier and Cain in his next two fights. I like Fedor too, but you guys need to stop making excuses.
Bigfoot failed drug tests for steroids a few years before he fought Fedor and he also failed drug tests for steroids a few years after he fought Fedor.

"TRT Bigfoot" isn't technically the right term. More like "Roided Bigfoot." (Although he also was on TRT in the UFC I believe)

And I really like Bigfoot. I'm a big fan. I hated seeing his decline and him taking so much damage at the end of his career. If anyone actually needed the juice for medical reasons, it was him for his condition.

Doesn't really look like him, but that's not bad. You capture some emotion which is good

Back