Rumored New MMA League with CBA, guaranteed contracts, health insurance, pension,etc. to be launched in 2023

4 conferences
8 teams per conference (min)
24 fighters per team
= 768 fighters (minimum)

current roster = 0

do they have any deals in place for revenue....?

This is such a horrible idea. We need a new promotion but Why teams? Did you not watch the IFL? This isn't a team sport.

They need to ditch the teams thing...

If the fights are good, I'll watch.

(of course, for free)

p.s PRIDE rules, please. Thanks

4 conferences
8 teams per conference (min)
24 fighters per team
= 768 fighters (minimum)

current roster = 0

<JagsKiddingMe>

Planned league launch = 2023. Dana hard at work on his Sherdog account as usual.

Also, it's individual franchises. You shouldn't evaluate it as one entity as you know so well ;)

Fight fans want to see the best fight each other. They don't care for a Olympic or team format. It's a king of the hill sport. This is like the IFL.

<JagsKiddingMe>

Planned league launch = 2023. Dana hard at work on his Sherdog account as usual.

Also, it's individual franchises. You shouldn't evaluate it as one entity as you know so well ;)
what point are you taking issue with? they have 0 fighters today, and a planned roster of 768+, launching in less than 2 years (and recognizing they are starting smaller than the 4 "conferences").

i am not evaluating it as one entity. it's an attempt at a league. i'm curious how those franchises generate revenue, split revenue, make money. what fighters they can get in the next year.

it's not intuitive from the cliffs how it would work or why.

Teams, athletes from the world of NFL and NBA... Sounds like a big pile of shit.
kXbKaMh.gif

Fight fans want to see the best fight each other. They don't care for a Olympic or team format. It's a king of the hill sport. This is like the IFL.

I don't think this is true at all anymore, especially in the age of social media.

The fate of such an organization will depend on quite a few things and, whether for better or worse, the level of the fighters may not be that high on the list.

I don't think this is true at all anymore, especially in the age of social media.

The fate of such an organization will depend on quite a few things and, whether for better or worse, the level of the fighters may not be that high on the list.

What do you mean with the first part?

what point are you taking issue with? they have 0 fighters today, and a planned roster of 768+, launching in less than 2 years (and recognizing they are starting smaller than the 4 "conferences").

i am not evaluating it as one entity. it's an attempt at a league. i'm curious how those franchises generate revenue, split revenue, make money. what fighters they can get in the next year.

it's not intuitive from the cliffs how it would work or why.

Right, they're going to announce a definitive roster in 2021 for a start date in 2023.

<36>

You're an absolute gem.

Right, they're going to announce a definitive roster in 2021 for a start date in 2023.

<36>

You're an absolute gem.
i didn't say they would announce it. i said none exists yet.

that's alot of free agents to fill a roster from scratch in a short period of time......

again, until we know where the $ is coming from it's kinda moot. what is lined up.....

Back