New Middleweight contenders

esalmighty

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
This PPV sure did eliminate some people.
Belcher -out
Boetch- out
Okami- not even there yet
Constantinos- honestly would like to see him fight Belfort/Bisping winner
Weidman- who right now is the #1 contender

Have Weidman vs Anderson soon. So that way Belfort/Bisping can fight Constantinos. I feel that is the only way to make a legit challenger and upcoming contender... Or if Anderson want to do this super fight crap...vacate belt and have those 4 do a tournament.

What in God's name makes Weidman the number one contender over the winner of Bisping/Belfort?

Besides beating Mark Munoz...

the only guys that could be a threat to anderson would be jacare or if mousasi moved back down to 185. mousasi can be a huge threat in both 185 and 205. people that think he is overrated, just watch.

What in God's name makes Weidman the number one contender over the winner of Bisping/Belfort?

Besides beating Mark Munoz...

Beside being undefeated, 5 UFC winning streak, and beating 2 top ten in his last 2 fights (one being the number one contender before Anderson's injury) NONE! Bisping is on a 1 fight win streak, forgive me for wanting to bring credibility back to contenders but I guess beating Brian Stann and Jason Miller > Munoz and Damian Maia

the only guys that could be a threat to anderson would be jacare or if mousasi moved back down to 185. mousasi can be a huge threat in both 185 and 205. people that think he is overrated, just watch.

Dana said something while back not even knowing Mousasi situation...but yeah I has always liked him but think he needs some UFC exposure. Maybe have him fight Okami or Belfort If he wins.

This PPV sure did eliminate some people.
Belcher -out
Boetch- out
Okami- not even there yet
Constantinos- honestly would like to see him fight Belfort/Bisping winner
Weidman- who right now is the #1 contender

Have Weidman vs Anderson soon. So that way Belfort/Bisping can fight Constantinos. I feel that is the only way to make a legit challenger and upcoming contender... Or if Anderson want to do this super fight crap...vacate belt and have those 4 do a tournament.

If Anderson vacated the current MW top 10 would be pathetic.

ATM the MW top 10 could look like this:
1.Anderson
& in no particular order:
Sonnen, Lyoto, Rashad, Shogun, Weidman, Hendo, Bisping, Vitor, Okami

If Anderson vacated the current MW top 10 would be pathetic.

ATM the MW top 10 could look like this:
1.Anderson
& in no particular order:
Sonnen, Lyoto, Rashad, Shogun, Weidman, Hendo, Bisping, Vitor, Okami

I'll give you Hendo and Sonnen at MW....but I have no clue what you are talking about with these others...especially Lyoto & Rua.

good god i can't wait till this wiedman hype is ended. tonight just further showed that theres no clear cut top mw. mw needs to sort itself out

Anderson Silva would have destroyed Boetsch and Belcher so bad, that in a way it is a good thing that they both lost, because frankly i got sick of Sherdoggers recently stating Boetsch and Belcher are both threats to Silva (LOL). Bisping has nothing for Silva. I hope
Vitor pulls it out against Bisping and gets a rematch against Silva in Brazil. Vitor at least has knockout power. Bisping has none. Silva would destroy Bisping standing up. Let Bisping/Vitor winner fight Silva. Let Lombard face Weidman in a title eliminator. Phillipou should fight Brian Stann next, after Stann beats down Wanderlei.

Bisping is #1 contender and Dana has confirmed that Bisping gets a title shot if he beats Belfort.

Rightfully so, you need to do more than beat Munoz, Lawlor and Maia.
Let's get him in against Okami and Belfort/Bisping loser first.

Okami doesnt deserve another crack at Andy, i never believed in Boestch, I had high hopes for Belcher, Bisping is good but not great, def a top contender but his recent resume isn't as impressive as Weidman. Weidman gets another win, he should get the next title shot.

Pillipou (sp?) isnt close to being ready yet, he needs at least 2 or 3 more good wins to be up there (2 if he does it impressively)

what did weidman do better than bisping okami belfort?
beating munoz?

I'll give you Hendo and Sonnen at MW....but I have no clue what you are talking about with these others...especially Lyoto & Rua.

If Anderson wasn't at MW, Lyoto would most likely drop down. He barely cuts any weight to get to 205 and looks small at times against some of the fighters he's fought. Given his skillset, I don't see anybody at MW giving him problems unless Shogun dropped down as well which is possible. Shogun could probably make MW and if he took the cut intelligently he'd probably have better cardio than he does at LHW.

For Weidman, it's like this pretty much: If Bisping beats Belfort, that's two top ten wins in last two. Stann was top ten at the time and Belfort is top 10 as well right now. Add that to the fact that Bisping is a huge name and people want to see him fight Anderson and you can see why Bisping would get the shot. If Belfort wins, Weidman is the only sensible contender.

I love how everyone talk up Bisping over Weidman. When did a Maia win not mean something but a win over Jason Miller does? Bisping has had good "some" wins but he always dropped the ball. And unlike most fans apparently I believe a loss puts you back at least a few fights for another title shot. If Bisping would have beat Chael it would of been a different story and should of already had his shot but he lost and only beat Stann.

People keep wanting to say there is no contender so Anderson needs to just not fight. He has a 10 fight deal, he better start whooping up someone soon before talent catches up.

Of course it doesn't matter what I think, UFC has lost all credibility for who gets a title shot, they place marketability over wins.

Back