New Mexico

I drove through New Mexico to get to Colorado. Also my GF at one point thought New Mexico was part of Mexico and I'm done.

Lived in Rio Rancho top part of Albuquerque. Opened my door of apt and had the Sandia mountains as my view off in the distance. Loved my time there as well as the people. Last summer traveled through NM on way to Ca. Stopped several times to eat with the green chilis. I would not mind moving back someday but who knows how much it has changed. Loved eating the pinon nuts as well.

I lived in Abq for awhile and I am New Mexican, and I gradguated from high school there. The food there is amazing I still miss twisters, fredericos, and lotaburger plus all the whole in the wall places. I miss being able to go to a random joint and getting huevos rancheros on flour with red chile.
New Mexico is incredibly beautiful aswell the Sandias, the traditional architecture, the art and all the cultural landmarks are amazing and something that can't be matched, it is not mexico and it is not America.
All that being said there is a underbelly to New Mexican life that is very ingrained I. The culture. Because of that I left New Mexico for colorado and I haven't gone back since

I still love the food though

Nothing better than being able to go into a store and buying a big bag of Hatch green chillis. There's quite a bit of places that roast it for you, walking up and getting that smell was excellent.

And jut FYI people, New Mexico is not named after mexico

What is the city composition of NM exactly? I know that Albuquerque and Sante Fe are both within close distance within each other in the northern part of the state. Is the rest of the state mostly small towns with a lot of mountains and desert taking up a lot of the rest of the state?

What is the city composition of NM exactly? I know that Albuquerque and Sante Fe are both within close distance within each other in the northern part of the state. Is the rest of the state mostly small towns with a lot of mountains and desert taking up a lot of the rest of the state?

That pretty much sums it up

Los Pollos Hermanos is actually a place called Twisters. good drunk food.

Back