Social New Mexico Militia detains 200 illegals at Gunpoint

The asylum seekers were looking for BP anyways.. What does this militia think they are doing exactly?

So you're calling me delusional because of how I identify and see myself?

Uh oh, he’s not letting you identify as what you feel you are brah, he’s shaming you brah. You have to right to Barry Dillon him ASAP brah

They can well regulate their cell phones to call the authorities.

The 60 to 120 minutes (on a good day) it would take for the authorities to show up would be more than enough time for these illegals to disappear in a rural neighborhood.

An armed well regulated militia.
Somebody has to do it if the government won't.

If the border was the state of emergency? Problem solved! Now that we have a well regulated militia defending the border. No more emergency. No need for that emergency funding. Pass out a few bump stocks while we are at it, much cheaper.

Illegally crossing the border is a misdemeanor.

Unlike other states such as New York, New Mexico follows the common law approach to citizens' arrests. For that reason, citizens' arrests for "breach of the peace" are permissible in NM if the offense is committed in the citizens' presence. "In New Mexico, a breach of peace is considered 'a disturbance of public order by an act of violence, or by any act likely to produce violence, or which, by causing consternation and alarm, disturbs the peace and quiet of the community.' ” State v. Arroyos, 137 N.M. 769 (2005). That standard arguably includes all misdemeanors, except where disclaimed by statute (for example, the NM Vehicle Code now excludes citizens' arrests for Vehicle Code offenses), and almost certainly includes mass illegal entries by illegal aliens. It would also certainly include trespassing, e.g., if the aliens were trespassing on private land, as they often do, in attempting to illegally enter the USA.

Note that many illegal aliens are in fact felons, having entered the USA illegally on prior occasions. Anyway, the INA should be amended to designate illegal entry as a felony for all first offenses. We cannot afford to treat this issue with kid gloves anymore.

Unlike other states such as New York, New Mexico follows the common law approach to citizens' arrests. For that reason, citizens' arrests for "breach of the peace" are permissible in NM if the offense is committed in the citizens' presence. "In New Mexico, a breach of peace is considered 'a disturbance of public order by an act of violence, or by any act likely to produce violence, or which, by causing consternation and alarm, disturbs the peace and quiet of the community.' ” State v. Arroyos, 137 N.M. 769 (2005). That standard arguably includes all misdemeanors, except where disclaimed by statute (for example, the NM Vehicle Code now excludes citizens' arrests for Vehicle Code offenses), and almost certainly includes mass illegal entries by illegal aliens. It would also certainly include trespassing, e.g., if the aliens were trespassing on private land, as they often do, in attempting to illegally enter the USA.

Note that many illegal aliens are in fact felons, having entered the USA illegally on prior occasions. Anyway, the INA should be amended to designate illegal entry as a felony for all first offenses. We cannot afford to treat this issue with kid gloves anymore.

Except, they aren't enforcing New Mexico's laws.

They're trying to enforce Federal laws.

Truthfully, as much as I want to like this, I don’t. It could lead to some really nasty situations.

So you're calling me delusional because of how I identify and see myself?

giphy.gif

Does anyone here actually know when a legal citizen's arrest can occur? Either in explanation or good legal link share?

Back