New 'low fat' Muscle Milk!

So is a low fat MM sold at GNC in The States?

Not in my store. Wait, if you count Mighty Milk, which is the same company's version of muscle milk for kids. It's lower in the fat department, but with everything else as well. Just as tasty though. Comes with a straw, which makes me chuckle because I wouldn't allow my kid to drink his protein shake from a straw. lol "pfff...put that fricken straw down and drink it like a man boi!"

There's also a version for women but I forget what the Hell it's called.

King Kabuki said:
Not in my store. Wait, if you count Mighty Milk, which is the same company's version of muscle milk for kids. It's lower in the fat department, but with everything else as well. Just as tasty though. Comes with a straw, which makes me chuckle because I wouldn't allow my kid to drink his protein shake from a straw. lol "pfff...put that fricken straw down and drink it like a man boi!"

There's also a version for women but I forget what the Hell it's called.

Mama Milk? I think with most protein shakes its best to drink them as fast as you can.

Mama Milk? I think with most protein shakes its best to drink them as fast as you can.

Funny, but no. I think it's called Metucell or something like that. I don't even think it has Milk in the name.

i completely disagree using it post-workout. the added fat and type of protein it is can slow absorption.
a whey protein/carb mix is far superior.

some people may like it when bulking for adding calories, but me personally i make up those added calores with food. it can be used for when you mentioned, but there are just better choices out there. i only like taking shakes at the two times i mentioned, and at both times there are better things that can be had.
for instance, before bed i use evo-pro( the protein in MM) mixed with cottage cheese and then eat 2-3 egg whites. i then have a table spoon of flax oil. so while MM could be used here, i feel my mixture is superior.

so hmm, i guess you can say that for some MM is good, but there are better options out there. does that sound odd?

so hmm, i guess you can say that for some MM is good, but there are better options out there. does that sound odd?

It only sounds odd because it's missing the words "for others". While for some MM is good, for others there are better options. It's by no means a blanket rule, as everyone's physiology is different.

i completely disagree using it post-workout. the added fat and type of protein it is can slow absorption.
a whey protein/carb mix is far superior.

The added fat does nothing to detract from it's effectiveness post-workout. And the slow-absorbtion of casein's viability can be debated, some feel that slow digestion allows for better protein synthesis. But again, this would be something that depended on a person's individual physiology and what works best for them. You feel a whey/carb mix is more superior, for some people this may be true...yet on a daily basis those who work in the Industry see people who have gone from MM (or knock-offs) to whey, and from whey to MM, and truth be told the effectiveness is just as viable. In-fact, most of the people who do use MM use it post-workout with sound results and have used whey in the past.

Like I said man, these points have already been argued thoroughly in this forum.

This seems really gimmicky, especially since "hi-fat" was one of the techno principles of the original MM. There's only 2g of MCT's per serving in this new version: what good is that gonna do you?

Madmick said:
This seems really gimmicky, especially since "hi-fat" was one of the techno principles of the original MM. There's only 2g of MCT's per serving in this new version: what good is that gonna do you?

So should I just stick with the original MM formula?

All I have heard are good things about MM even when trying to lose fat.

Madmick said:

There isn't any MCT in the new one. The ingredients don't list MCT. The 3 g of sat fat are from canola oil.

Back