New Lovato Jr. Gi coming soon!

LongVN

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Found this on his facebook status: "has been working on some new projects. Look out for the release of my new gi and my first iTunes app coming this fall!"

this is what I heard so far. There will be a black color model, not sure about the white or blue yet, and it might have a pocket for ipod like the shoyorolls gis.

Wow, didn't know shoyoroll had an iPod pocket. I can't really think of when I would use that, but interesting nonetheless

Wow, didn't know shoyoroll had an iPod pocket. I can't really think of when I would use that, but interesting nonetheless

Warming up, placing ID card before match.

Found this on his facebook status: "has been working on some new projects. Look out for the release of my new gi and my first iTunes app coming this fall!"

this is what I heard so far. There will be a black color model, not sure about the white or blue yet, and it might have a pocket for ipod like the shoyorolls gis.

Dammit, I just bought the current Lovato Lucky gi!

if anything I would use it as a mouthguard pocket... but still pointless I think.

You just scrolled past two uses for it, and then named a third use for it, and then continued on and called it pointless. I think you are more useless of a poster than the pocket is to the gi.

If anyone wants to add that pocket to their current gi, just have someone add a rectangular patch of material on the inside, sewn on the left, right, and bottom w/the top open. That's all it is, no velcro, no other closure system needed.

If anyone wants to add that pocket to their current gi, just have someone add a rectangular patch of material on the inside, sewn on the left, right, and bottom w/the top open. That's all it is, no velcro, no other closure system needed.

funny how people freak out over a clipping of material eh ?

funny how people freak out over a clipping of material eh ?

Yeah, it's not as big a deal to me as it seems to be to others. Especially when someone's big toe gets stuck in it and rips it clean off. :mad:

Yeah, it's not as big a deal to me as it seems to be to others. Especially when someone's big toe gets stuck in it and rips it clean off. :mad:

which is why I say it is useless... pockets dont belong on Gis.

AND (just checked my SYR pants to confirm lol) the pockets are inside the pants, so you need to undo the waist and reach in to use the pocket (which is supper small)... so you might freak someone out when they ask for your ID... if it was a hidden pocket inside the jacket or hidden in a seam on the pants then maybe. but the current pocket location is dumb, if you need a pocket wear a hoodie.

Last edited:
which is why I say it is useless... pockets dont belong on Gis.

AND (just checked my SYR pants to confirm lol) the pockets are inside the pants, so you need to undo the waist and reach in to use the pocket (which is supper small)... so you might freak someone out when they ask for your ID... if it was a hidden pocket inside the jacket or hidden in a seam on the pants then maybe. but the current pocket location is dumb, if you need a pocket wear a hoodie.

FWIW, the pocket is on the inside of the jacket in recent models. (If it was the inside of my pants that someone got their big toe stuck in, that'd be bananas.)

FWIW, the pocket is on the inside of the jacket in recent models. (If it was the inside of my pants that someone got their big toe stuck in, that'd be bananas.)

someone might have some crazy hooks =P. I have\had the SYR SuperLite RS and the Blackstar they have the pocket in the pants, which makes them a pain to use so I never have.

But pockets in the Jacket can be pointless\dangerous unless they can be held shut with velcro, because if someones toe does get stuck in the pocket 1 of 2 things can happen bye bye pocket or if the pocket is reinforced someone could end up with a broken toe.

Can't you just put things inside your gi without a pocket? It would be handy, though.

If the new Lovato gi is anything like the new OTM line of gi's the pocket will come with a piece of velcro to hold the pocket closed.

I think the pocket can come in handy but like others have said it can be a bit dangerous. My ID pocket on the Batch 6 gi was ripped out when someones hand ended up in my gi. It was nice to see Shoyoroll move the pocket higher but the velcro really stops anything from getting in there.

Back