New Line of Venum Gloves

Man those Elites have been calling my name hehehe I really loke the blue or black I need to get one soon. Hope to see your review!
I have the black pair. They're synthetic leather, which is one of the only negatives to them, but in terms of the padding and performance, so far, I think they're very nice gloves. They're a bit short on the fingers (should have gotten the XL), but the padding is really great. We'll see how they are next month, but they look to be pretty durable so far.

I have the black pair. They're synthetic leather, which is one of the only negatives to them, but in terms of the padding and performance, so far, I think they're very nice gloves. They're a bit short on the fingers (should have gotten the XL), but the padding is really great. We'll see how they are next month, but they look to be pretty durable so far.

Yeah? I think my hands are similar to yours I might have to get mines XL then. I had some initial plans with the laces and screen printing that will depend if the tone of the yellow is as nice as it looks on photos.

Noted that the thread is pretty quiet and it has been a while since someone was active here. These gloves reminded me of a memory I had as a kid. Hey, I know that this may not be much of an answer for you but I still wish to share as I think this is useful information that many might need to know. Looking at these gloves here reminded me of my uncle's boat and our family night camping (he would also hunt). I remember arguing with him on how stupid it was to chose what pair of gloves to use, "All gloves are just gloves". I feel so dumb now after knowing why he chose the rainy time to hunt, it's obvious. Then again at the time, he wasn't going to mention me that he was using SEIBERTRON MEN’S S.O.L.A.G. gloves, to be more specific it was waterproof. Not like I even had the slightest clue on what the brand was or what any cloves were. I tried to look for a video on the gloves and found the perfect review I did read up on the on many different gloves. My uncle's pair of gloves were well explained http://huntingfishingplus.com/best-shooting-gloves/ All these gloves seem quite serious. I even got to compare them to the rest "top" gloves on the market. Nothing odd but all the necessary features like secure fitting, protection of the hands and comfortably adjustable wrist. So it just goes to further show that this is a solid pair of gloves. If you got any more question on any other clothing I would be happy to talk about it. I know a thing or two about gear or anything hunt related.

Last edited:
Noted that the thread is pretty quiet and it has been a while since someone was active here. These gloves reminded me of a memory I had as a kid. Hey, I know that this may not be much of an answer for you but I still wish to share as I think this is useful information that many might need to know. Looking at these gloves here reminded me of my uncle's boat and our family night camping (he would also hunt). I remember arguing with him on how stupid it was to chose what pair of gloves to use, "All gloves are just gloves". I feel so dumb now after knowing why he chose the rainy time to hunt, it's obvious. Then again at the time, he wasn't going to mention me that he was using SEIBERTRON MEN’S S.O.L.A.G. gloves, to be more specific it was waterproof. Not like I even had the slightest clue on what the brand was or what any cloves were. I tried to look for a video on the gloves and found the perfect review I did read up on the on many different gloves. My uncle's pair of gloves were well explained. All these gloves seem quite serious. I even got to compare them to the rest "top" gloves on the market. Nothing odd but all the necessary features like secure fitting, protection of the hands and comfortably adjustable wrist. So it just goes to further show that this is a solid pair of gloves. If you got any more question on any other clothing I would be happy to talk about it. I know a thing or two about gear or anything hunt related.

extremely useful post, thank you for taking the time to give us this vital information pertaining to Venum boxing gloves

extremely useful post, thank you for taking the time to give us this vital information pertaining to Venum boxing gloves
Its clearly some sort of hack/spam.....as that's not written by someone from Ireland and its not at all related to the thread

Until recently I thought that VENUM was making medium range gloves, used mainly by kickboxing and MMA Fighters. Then we all saw that Loma was using Hammer Pro in his fight vs Crolla.

Venum's "Pro" line has 3 models : Hammer, Giant 2.0, and Shield.
Did somebody try any of these 3 models.? And can give us a report ?
I mean somebody who uses them for boxing rather than kickboxing, and who can compare them to Winning's and Cleto Reyes'.
I wouldn't want to put 250$ "just to see".
Especially since Loma told us than he didn't know whether he injured his hand because of an untight wrapping, or because of the gloves.

I think i can contribute here since i had the Hammers in 12 oz and the Shield in 14 oz. Had Sabas Pro Series, Rival, Fighting, Cleto Reyes and now Winning. The Hammers in 12 oz are a very good bag glove. Feedback like a cleto, but the amount of more protection you get is on point. Sparring is a no go with them, at least in 12 or even 14 oz i would say. The Shield is like a pro version of the giant 3.0 (not 2.0). Better Materials, better stitching, better designed, better padding, but softer. Its a really soft glove much more soft than a winning, not everyone likes that.. in 14 oz its a very safe sparring glove, even for heavier weights, or if you go out with more power.

In my opinion the downside for both of these gloves, and i think this concerns also the giant 2.0, is that venum havent changed much about the design. This transitions into the feel when you use this gloves. They dont have anything "special", just good standard gloves like their cheaper series with better materials and finish, but with the same bad design. So in conclusion, if you consider the pricepoint they offer, you can do yourself a favor and just go with winning.

Last edited:
If anybody is interested i can upload high-res pictures of them.

Venom has got some good shit out there. I just don’t think I’d be comfortable wearing super loud “look at me” gloves to the gym. I hate feeling like I’m being judged

Hi all, can throw in some thoughts:

Ignore all Venum gloves except the hammer. Rival was giving me knuckle and wrist issues. Venum hammer are my top training fight glove. Prefer over rival, everlast mx and power lock, Grant, adidas, and cleto Reyes. If I want horse hair for training, I go Hernandez champs fhh straight cuff. Hernandez are softer and more durable than grant for training. But grant lamination is key for fight in my opinion.

Reasons Venum hammer are favorite training glove:
- stiff cuff
- medium hand compartment (good for me, maybe not for you)
- great thumb
- laminated (more like grant than rival) but holds its shape better and has more of a springy feel.
- think of rival as a very flimsy glove, and the hammer as a compact marauder.
- strong punching surface
- the dip they use to paint the leather on the tip is enormously helpful for practicing with grip or slip
- pretty durable for fight gloves. (Have around 1,000 rounds in these, some rips in stitching near finger grip bar, and blowing out a seam on the right hand near where the thumb and knuckle connect, but otherwise the leather still is great and stiff. The wax wears off in about 30 rounds from the laces, but still provides some slip for easy lacing.
- closed fist for training, although may not be preferred for fights
- grips bars are great, liner is simple but works enough
- hand and wrist position very well aligned, good punch surface, bounce back, and loud crack.

They did their homework and I appreciate them. Highly recommend

Back