News New Lightweight rankings post UFC 262

Do you understand the definition of the word “egregious”?

Because I’m pretty sure Lee has at least one win in the last 4 years. Conor.. Not so much.

There are free online dictionary sites. Way to look like a dumbass by using a polysyllabic word that you clearly don’t know the definition of.
i'm pretty sure conor has a win in the last 4 years too.

Those are promotinal rankings. They're not real. You have Conor still up there, no ranked LW win since 2016, lol. Sherdog rankings are for the unbiased fan. Fan-made rankings are shit as well. They're biased.
jose aldo got ranked top 10 at BW with ZERO wins in the division. he was 0-1. (and yes, i'm sure many will argue how much the ufc loves aldo).

people have to realize that fights outside your division do impact your rank in the division you actually fight. stop pretending they don't and applying false logic for specific fighters you don't like or think are getting preferential treatment.

rda has 1 win at lw since 2015, and has won 2 of his last 6 and he's 7th.

look, conor is fighting the #1 guy next. we'll see how it goes. it's silly for people to focus on conor's ranking. he's hard to rank. he did have a win against a ranked lw in 2020. he's obviously a top 10 talent at lw. it's not that important where he's ranked at this moment. whether it's 5th or unranked (as some want).

to me the rankings are fine. tony is probably the guy who is too high now, even if his 3 losses are to #2, C, #3.

Felder was ranked when RDA beat him. What's Conor's last ranked 155 win? In 2016. It's a fucking joke, lol.

rda has 1 win at lw since 2015, and has won 2 of his last 6 and he's 7th.

look, conor is fighting the #1 guy next. we'll see how it goes. it's silly for people to focus on conor's ranking. he's hard to rank. he did have a win against a ranked lw in 2020. he's obviously a top 10 talent at lw. it's not that important where he's ranked at this moment. whether it's 5th or unranked (as some want).

Conor only has a ranked win because Cerrone was overanked coming off two KO losses.

Felder was ranked when RDA beat him. What's Conor's last ranked 155 win? In 2016. It's a fucking joke, lol.
again, he beat a ranked lw. you can pretend it doesn't matter because it wasn't at lw, but it does. again, aldo got ranked at bw coming off a loss. it's not just black and white based on divisional record. that's not how it's ever worked and doesn't work that way with sanctioning bodies either.

Conor only has a ranked win because Cerrone was overanked coming off two KO losses.
dariush just jumped 6 spots to #3 beating a guy coming off of 2 bad losses.

again, people want to pretend these things are all uniquely conor.

and like i said, it really doesn't matter much. he's fighting the #1 guy like it or not.

again, he beat a ranked lw. you can pretend it doesn't matter because it wasn't at lw, but it does. again, aldo got ranked at bw coming off a loss. it's not just black and white based on divisional record. that's not how it's ever worked and doesn't work that way with sanctioning bodies either.

In 2016. Five years ago. I saw your point about wins outside of a division being of consequence to a fighter's current division, which they should not be, but even if they were, Conor's most recent win was over Cerrone who was not top ten at 170 before that fight.

You Conor huggers are a funny bunch.

In 2016. Five years ago. I saw your point about wins outside of a division being of consequence to a fighter's current division, which they should not be, but even if they were, Conor's most recent win was over Cerrone who was not top ten at 170 before that fight.

You Conor huggers are a funny bunch.
lol. c'mon brah. nothing i'm saying is fucking earth shattering. suggesting it's because i'm a hugger is ridiculous. these are basics.

cerrone was ranked top 10 in the division conor fights in and is ranked in. again, aldo got ranked coming off a loss in his only fight in a division. stop thinking everything is just for conor.

voting for rankings isn't a math exercise. it's not just based on w-l in your division. it never has been. you'll be more relaxed when you see reality.

lol. c'mon brah. nothing i'm saying is fucking earth shattering. suggesting it's because i'm a hugger is ridiculous. these are basics.

cerrone was ranked top 10 in the division conor fights in and is ranked in. again, aldo got ranked coming off a loss in his only fight in a division. stop thinking everything is just for conor.

voting for rankings isn't a math exercise. it's not just based on w-l in your division. it never has been. you'll be more relaxed when you see reality.

Gotta love Conor fans these days. Comedy hour. Don't worry, if he loses to Poirier again, he can cut a leg off and drop back down to 145 and the UFC can rank him first off of the Aldo and Mendes wins from years ago or possibly his win over Eddie in another weight class from 2016, lol.

Gotta love Conor fans these days. Comedy hour.
good comeback.

let me ask you this......if gaethje fought rda, and they made the fight at ww. if rda won, do you think their lw rankings should just stay the same?

Umm yeah, I explained what Dober was ranked before and after his fight with Islam and why. Nothing in your long post addresses that.

I’m just showing that Dober was unranked when he fought Islam. He was an unranked opponent.

good comeback.

let me ask you this......if gaethje fought rda, and they made the fight at ww. if rda won, do you think their lw rankings should just stay the same?

Do you want me to keep typing the same shit to you over and over again while you work mental gymnastics to justify his ranking? You care far too much about this, lol.

Do you want me to keep typing the same shit to you over and over again while you work mental gymnastics to justify his ranking? You care far too much about this, lol.
Lol. I care too much? You’re the one raging.

type the same thing over and over? Maybe answer the question instead?

I’m just showing that Dober was unranked when he fought Islam. He was an unranked opponent.

No one's disputing that. Not sure what your point is?

Liie I said Dober lost his 15th rank when Chandler got ranked.

He got it back when Oliveira moved to Champ combined with Cerrone losing his last fight.

jose aldo got ranked top 10 at BW with ZERO wins in the division. he was 0-1. (and yes, i'm sure many will argue how much the ufc loves aldo).

people have to realize that fights outside your division do impact your rank in the division you actually fight. stop pretending they don't and applying false logic for specific fighters you don't like or think are getting preferential treatment.

There is the competitive loss part for both Aldo and Shogun (for Lyoto) in rankings. It's not always foolproof as despite of the commentary Moraes landed the clean shots in that fight. He won.

Cowboy hasn't been a top guy for a while. He came off of 2 losses for that one, so I don't believe the 1 win in 5 years should STILL have him on there. The div has changed since then.

For the gap I like the 12-month "rule" without a scheduled fight. It shows who's active.

There is the competitive loss part for both Aldo and Shogun (for Lyoto) in rankings. It's not always foolproof as despite of the commentary Moraes landed the clean shots in that fight. He won.

Cowboy hasn't been a top guy for a while. He came off of 2 losses for that one, so I don't believe the 1 win in 5 years should STILL have him on there. The div has changed since then.
All of the fighters from 5 down have some warts on their resume. Again there’s no science. Rda, tony, hooker, etc.

Kevin Lee being there (and moving UP) is even more egregious.
Tony only down one ranking? He just lost to the #9 guy

This is probably the worst part about how the UFC handles rankings. Once a guy has name, they tend to get overranked. Guys don't go down fast enough. I understand one loss not hurting a guy too bad. Chandler just lost a title fight that he came within an ace of winning. He shouldn't drop too far imo, so 4 is about right. But Tony has lost three straight and he's gotten dominated in all three. He shouldn't be top ten, and I'm not even sure he's top twenty.

Back