New Korean MMA News and Discussion

Hamderlei seems like the obvious conclusion if she's going to be fighting in Korea
Certainly the most obvious. Thing is, when do fight promotions ever make the obvious decision?

Most likely after Ham could be maybe Jeong Eun Park, which would be good until Frey over powers her. If Frey isn't averse to moving up in weight, Emi Fujino would also be a good fight.

Of course, if she goes and fights in TFC, I have no idea. Weili Zhang's first title defense? Ye Dam Seo sacrifice? Their only atomweights are straight newbs.

Ji Yeon Seo lost to Emiko Raika by second round submission at TTF 7 in Japan on 10/9

https://www.tapology.com/fightcenter/bouts/326510-ttf-challenge-07-fujin-raika-emiko-vs-ji-yeon-seo

In other news, several Korean fighters will be fighting in a few weeks at Deep 80 Impact.

MMA Story fighter and Road vet Won Gi Kim (7-8-1) will be taking on Kimihiro Eto (12-3-2 of Wajustu Keishukai HEARTS. Kim's last fight was a UD loss to Shamil Zavuroz in the international trials of Road's lightweight tournament.

Hsing Hon, who I've never heard of and apparently trains out of AACC, will be debuting in a 220lb fight against Ryo Sakai (5-8)

Korean Zombie MMA rep Jin Soo Son (7-2) will be taken on a big time veteran in Makoto Kamaya (29-15-4) at bantamweight.

https://www.tapology.com/fightcenter/events/47610-deep-80-impact

Last edited:
Just saw it Facebook, Korean American featherweight Kevin "Oldboy" Chung (5-0) is booked for ONE in Manila 11/10. No opponent named.

haven't looked at all of the videos, but SPOTV broadcasted a bjj tournament and uploaded the matches on youtube, and kim dong hyun took part. can't embed, but the match is there.

'New Wave MMA' ROAD FC (Road FC, Chungmoon Hong) celebrated its 7th anniversary.

ROAD FC officially announced its launch with the launch ceremony and press conference on August 23, 2010. Two months later, on October 23, 2010, ROAD FC 001 was held for the first historic tournament and the resurrection of the Republic of Korea MMA was announced.

The launch of ROAD FC will be a part of MMA history. Prior to the launch of ROAD FC, MMA was globally depressed and there were no MMA organizations in Korea. It was a miracle that the contest was born in the MMA wasteland. Although it has been a trial and error since it was a challenge that was impossible, Chung Moon - hong Jung has grown to become a global brand by taking deficit for MMA development.

Over the past seven years, ROAD FC has produced a total of 42 number series, 36 YOUNG GUNS, 3 KOREA competitions and 15 champions. In order to foster female fighters and popularize martial arts combat, ROAD FC XX (Double X), a women's league, has been launched.

Since 2015, it has held overseas conventions between Japan and China, and succeeded in making it into the first overseas major sports in Korea. ROAD FC's overseas conventions set a record for selling all seats, and it was broadcast live on the CCTV, a state-run TV channel for 1.4 billion Chinese people, making it one of the top sports ratings. It was the first in the world to become a big hit in China, and the MMA boom was achieved with the opening of the 'Road Rigging' course at Peking University and the college students' fighting league.

I did not forget the effort to return to society while holding the conference. In the name of 'Love Sharing Project', we have been doing various activities such as briquette service, blood donation event, visit to Young Children's Hospital, support traditional market revitalization, donate to children of Child Cancer.

ROAD FC will host XIAOMI ROAD FC 043 at the Jangchung Gymnasium in Seoul on October 28 and will conclude this year with a meeting in Shijiazhuang, China on November 11 and Grand Hilton Seoul on December 23. ROAD FC will continue its efforts to return to the society as well as hosting the competition next year.

http://roadfc.co.kr/main/news/news_view.php?key=JTI1MjUzRElETXpFVE0=

TFC Dream is tomorrow. I decided to make some picks on Tapology. events like this, with mostly unknowns, I usually roll with the majority.
48025-1314658.png

Ever watched Road FC, and wonder who the random guys are that present the winners with their trophy and pose with them? I always figured they were sponsors, and it turns out I was correct. Road FC recenl;t published some of the photos.

KakaoTalk_20171028_220405554.jpg

Kim, Kwang-seop, Managing Director of 'Vine Group', with Yui Chul Nam

KakaoTalk_20171028_214712936.jpg

Kim Jong-cheol, 'Keynote Mall', 'Keyboard Warrior'

KakaoTalk_20171028_191206980.jpg

Hong Ji-hoon, Chairman of 'Goobne Chicken', delivers trophy to Hong Yoon-Ha

The next fighting based reality contest show that Road FC is associated with will debut on Korean TV network MBC on November 11:

4%25EB%25AA%2585%2B%25EB%25B0%2594%25EB%2591%2591%25ED%258C%2590.jpg

%25ED%2595%259C%25ED%2598%259C%25EC%25A7%2584.jpg

%25EA%25B2%2581%2B%25EC%2597%2586%25EB%258A%2594%2B%25EB%2585%2580%25EC%2584%259D%25EB%2593%25A4%2B1%25EC%25B0%25A8%2B%25EC%2598%2588%25EA%25B3%25A0%25ED%258E%25B8_1101.jpg

Road FC CEO Moon Hong Jung and Lightweight champion A-Sol Kwon are two of the judges on the show. Tryouts started back in August, and the shows winner will be awarded a professional debut fight at Road FC, along with prize money.

Color me slightly disappointed. Was hoping Jeong Eun Park would fight at Road FC 45 on Dec 23. She just shared a post on Facebook from Shigeru Saeki, announcing Park vs Mina Kurobe at Deep 81 Impact on, you guessed it, Dec 23rd. Couldn't tell from the translation if it is for the title.

Call me a cynic, but to me, this reeks of "Our Japanese champion just lost to their Korean champ, so now we will bring over one of their prospects to lose to our champion. Japanese honor will be restored."*

Said in bad voice dubbing.

It's a non-title bout. More than likely they are just sharing fighters and this is ROAD repaying them for lending a champion.

Angel's Fighting has been announcing their next card over the last few days. Tapology has most of them in now except for Hyo Kyung Song's return which was announced today.
https://www.tapology.com/fightcenter/events/48652-angels-fighting-5

Hong Man Choi is also expected to be fighting on it.

Wow, the return of Hyo Kyung Song after 3 years. Interesting. Can't help but wonder what lured her back.

Also UFC commentator, Dae Hwan Kim, knocked out Daijiro Matsui at Wardog 15 to become the first Middleweight champion.

It's his 7th straight knockout victory and he has still never been to a decision as a pro.

Nice. Congrats to the Korean language UFC commentator!

Back