NEW Koral Light GI V2 2010

Bunique4life05

White Belt
Reaction score
I just try on my new gi. Be warn I am noob and have not rolled with it. This is just my first impression of gi. Color is not as vibrate as picture shows below. Which is fine because most products never look as good in person in my opinion.

A less vain view of the gi. The cut they would fits me perfectly. Now I was debating on this gi against the Vulkan Pro Light and went her for research. Furthermore I talk to JJPG.com and resolved most misnomers. Those they did give me heads up that from the feedback they get. They say the cut gi fits people with average build. Now that concern because I am 5'9" and 156 pounds. But I have 74 inch reach so basically 5'9" body with 6' guy's arms. They recommend trying the A3 gi for a little room but the A2 fits perfectly. Note I am slim but I would say A1 would be bad fit. I weighed myself with gi on and went from 156.8 no gi to 160.6 so gi to me is light and I mean very light. I weighed myself nothing fancy weight machine.The gi properly weighs close to advertise 3.45lbs not 3.8lb from numbers I got.

koral%20gi-lgt-black-2.jpg

Not the best pictures in world but you get the idea.
148.jpg

160.jpg

Those all in all the gi is top notch and I will give more in depth review when I start rolling with it. I got it from JJPG.com.

PS: I accidentally put this review in the old koral light gi thread this is the 2010 model.

I washed the gi couple of times and I have notice much shrinkage in the leaves. But the gi does feel less baggy then when I first got it. I have trained twice this and rolled twice as well. Not I am noob so my impressions should be taken with grain of salt. Those the negatives I heard about the gi have been dis-proven by JJPG.com as far as feed back they get. I find the gi very comfortable to roll with but can't say if it stretches or not. Right now I don't notice the gi stretching at all. This is my very first gi. I would have to say I like it so far. I will see how I like gi several month from now and how it holds up. I would still of like to get a Vulkan Light Pro because I think lighter is better but they are too pricey.

I kind of want one of these, but not sure how to size it. I'm 6'1 and 175lbs.

check out the htread I have opened "koral light sizing help"

I want one in white but don't want to import one from brazil because I dont want to pay fuing customs... does anybody know who sells them in europe?

the gi will stretch...a lot, after a few hours of rolling for sure.

Well I am 5'9" and a slim 156 pounds. But I have 74 inch reach so I have arms of 6ft guy. You would be defiantly a A2 for top but most likely a A3 for pants. Because the pants fit me perfectly so if your 6'1" they should be out of the question for you. You should email the guys at JJPG.com. A guy named Adam help me out a lot.

yep, even though it was winter one time, our gym was pretty warm sometimes. The sleeves went from my wrists to the finger tips a lot.

My biggest complaints about this gi is that its too baggy for my size, it keeps loosening itself (probably cuz its too soft maybe?), and it stretches. But for me its my go to gi in any season of training or competition because it gives me the most freedom of movement unlike my other gis.

check out the htread I have opened "koral light sizing help"

I want one in white but don't want to import one from brazil because I dont want to pay fuing customs... does anybody know who sells them in europe?

as far as i know fightersmarket.ca is having a free shipping promotion, i dont know about europe but to USA it was free.

as far as i know fightersmarket.ca is having a free shipping promotion, i dont know about europe but to USA it was free.

Jiujitsuprogear.com has the same deal in usa and better deal if you live in California. The gi will cost you just $147 add $10 if you are impatience and want it in 2 days if you live in California.

They have a different cut. V2 has a wider cut, V1 has a narrow cut, which i was hoping to get. But oh well

^ why did they got for a wider cut????? i've always thought they were great because of the slim fight stuff ?

I had the V1 and after about 10 months of training it got pretty dingy. The fabric I also find stretched a lot after getting sweaty, and the collar shriveled up after putting it in the drier. Were any of these fixed in this new version?

I had the V1 and after about 10 months of training it got pretty dingy. The fabric I also find stretched a lot after getting sweaty, and the collar shriveled up after putting it in the drier. Were any of these fixed in this new version?

What setting did you put it in the drier for because you are supposed have it set for permanent press as well for washing it(WARM WATER). I have had my Light V2 for month and half and the collar has not shriveled up or loose its form. Those mind has gotten dingy or I would say faded really fast but that is do to because it supposed to be air dry to keep the color. My Instructor has the same gi accept he air dries and it looks perfect. I still have not notice it stretching those because it is a baggy it may very well seem that it stretches when someone pulls on it. That is probably my only gripe. Still the gi is very new but think in time and more experience(white belt) I still won't find anything wrong with the gi. Those still think about what the Vulkan Pro Light gi would be like.

Wow I little disappointed as I speak right now. Those I don't know if I should be disappointed in me or the Koral Light GI V2 2010. This all can be chalked up to being noob but I was sure I was not only one that dries there gi in drier two times a week. I have gone bjj 7 times in past and few days. So In have washed and dried my gi 7 times. I now have a hole at the bottom of top part the gi around the small slits where the gi opens up around your hips. I did not see any holes or imperfects when it was new. I find out of all places for it start falling apart wound be there. I can only see that it start fall out because doing hip escapes and repeated drying. A warning to all be careful drying this gi I recommend air drying even those it states it can be used in drier. Also if you must use a drier put it on a delicate setting if your drier has one and if you an turn down heat do that as well. I am still very happy with the products quality but just disappointed in the poor illustration on taking care of this product. My instructor has several koral gis some three years old. But he air dried them all.

Wow I little disappointed as I speak right now. Those I don't know if I should be disappointed in me or the Koral Light GI V2 2010. This all can be chalked up to being noob but I was sure I was not only one that dries there gi in drier two times a week. I have gone bjj 7 times in past and few days. So In have washed and dried my gi 7 times. I now have a hole at the bottom of top part the gi around the small slits where the gi opens up around your hips. I did not see any holes or imperfects when it was new. I find out of all places for it start falling apart wound be there. I can only see that it start fall out because doing hip escapes and repeated drying. A warning to all be careful drying this gi I recommend air drying even those it states it can be used in drier. Also if you must use a drier put it on a delicate setting if your drier has one and if you an turn down heat do that as well. I am still very happy with the products quality but just disappointed in the poor illustration on taking care of this product. My instructor has several koral gis some three years old. But he air dried them all.

Any have to deal with JJPG in getting a gi you bought repaired or replaced. I been waiting a month JJPG to get back to me on what Koral is going to do with my gi. Unless JJPG wait out of buisness they haven't respond to any of my e-mails for past month. The last thing they told me a month ago was to not use my gi and that they are waiting on Koral to get back to them. They even have them send me pictures. I work a lot and have school so haven't found time to call them up but they seem to be leaving me no choice.

you never EEEEVVVVERRR put your gi in the dryer. The only exception to do that is if you need to shrink once or twice to make it fit your size. I think that the lightweight gis are more likely to shrink a lot, the rubber collar will shrivel up, and get some damage on the fabric. But then again its your first gi, so lesson learned for you

Back