New - Just started, help

SuperNizzle

White Belt
Reaction score
Hey everyone I just started training in MMA two weeks ago. I currently do muay thai, boxing and ground fighting and wanted to get a myself a pair of gloves. I thought about getting some MMA gloves but really just want some boxing/ muay thai gloves. I was just wondering if anyone could help me in picking some as im not sure which ones are good or bad.

I really like Top King mauy thai gloves but im not sure if these are a bit much for a beginner.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks alot for the help.

They actually have those Hayabusa gloves at the shop around the corner from my house. I'm tempted to get them just to save me on waiting.

I've heard pretty good things about the Hayabusas...can't go wrong there

The hayabusas are nice gloves but they aren't so forgiving on sparring partners with the hard padding. If they could just soften the padding up a little, they would be perfect.

Thats the thing, I think I may just get 10oz gloves for pad work, then use my gyms for sparring since I dont really want to get 16oz gloves.

I own the Hayabusa's and love them. Very very good quality glove.

Thats the thing, I think I may just get 10oz gloves for pad work, then use my gyms for sparring since I dont really want to get 16oz gloves.

You don't want 16oz gloves? Any particular reason? I would figure between the convenience of having them whenever you need them, and not having to worry about how well they clean the gym's gloves (or how frequently), that having your own gloves is a given.

That makes no sense whatsoever...

16oz gloves feel way to big for hands, I know there for sparring but I would rather get 10oz gloves for now and use them for pad work, then get some 16oz later on. You're probably right though, im new to boxing and mma.

Anyway, I went and got some hayabusa gloves today.

Back