New Jim Wendler T-nation article(includes a bit on 5/3/1 for powerlifting)

Quick question; some weeks - this is one of them - I am very restricted in my gym training due to shift work. I can only hit they Gym Friday/Saturday/Sunday this week. Would it be OK to train 5/3/1 on all three days back to back or should I only train Friday and Sunday?

3 days a week would be too much for me. Maybe you can recover faster. Why not do overhead and deadlift on Friday, Squat and Bench on Sunday. This is how I break it down when I have a busy week and it works fine. I cut down the assistance a little when I do it.

I would also do it FiveFeezy's way. You could do it 3 days in a row but you probably won't be fully recovered for Sunday's lifting.

Thanks for the response, guys. Looks like I'll have to cut it down to just two weights sessions this week.

I thought I might be able to get away with it since I've had to drop Squats and Deadlifts from my program due to my foot injury. I now do Bent Over Rows in place of Deadlifts. With Squats, there's really nothing I can use to replace them without causing the same potential problems, so I'm just doing Leg X and Curls.

cheers for the link, waiting for 5/3/1 for PL, so this is helpful to anyone who trains at PL club or in gear.

~Foz

Back