Social New Jersey Reportedly Offers Reduced Prison Sentences If Inmates Get Vaccinated Against COVID

Simple Southerner

Etriviere By Hermes Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
New Jersey Department of Corrections (DOC) is offering inmates a 10-day reduction in their sentence if they choose to get vaccinated against COVID-19, according to an internal memo obtained by NJ Advance Media.

The sentence reduction is one of a number of incentives that were offered to inmates beginning last month if they get two doses of the vaccine, according to NJ.com. Among the other incentives are an “I Got Vaccinated” photo of themselves that can be shared with friends and family, a $10 commissary credit and a specialized food package.

With the revolving door of individuals who come in and out of our system and seeing the value vaccinations play in minimizing the spread of COVID-19, we are constantly seeking innovative ways to educate and encourage individuals to get vaccinated,” DOC spokeswoman Liz Velez told NJ.com.

To date, 52 prisoners have died of COVID-19 in New Jersey prisons and more than 4,000 inmates have had the virus, giving the state one of the highest death rates in the country in its corrections system.

New York has also started offering prisoners incentives to get vaccinated, including care packages, barbeque parties and conjugal visits.

The DOC does not provide the exact vaccination rate among inmates, but 11,425 doses have been administered so far, enough to fully vaccinate around half the prison population, according to NJ.com. Velez said she knows of no corrections facility that has yet reached a 70% vaccination rate.

To get the 10-day sentence reduction, inmates must also attend a three-hour class on COVID-19 and infectious disease control.

A 10 day reduction + some other things like a cool "I Got Vaccinated” photo of themselves and a $10 commissary credit and a specialized food package.
for 2 shots lol

<Fedor23><mma3>

Discuss

It's pretty much a win / win for the inmates ? Either way pedos & other serious offenders should not be allowed to apply imo

To antivaxxers, i would assume getting the jab would be extra punishment for criminals so huzzah!

To others, getting a vaccine that could reduce hospital visits/costs for a $10 cafe card is a win. Thats more money to spend on lining pockets.

It's pretty much a win / win for the inmates ? Either way pedos & other serious offenders should not be allowed to apply imo

The point is too get as many people vaccinated as possible. Anyone who breathes should be allowed to apply.

If they’re serious offenders, 10 days is a drop in the bucket.

I’m extremely sadistic when it comes to sentencing people because in my eyes it’s pretty easy to not be a criminal, the vast majority of people, regardless of ethnic group or income aren’t criminal trash.

But I don’t see vaccinating prisoners as coddling them. It’s not about them but about what they can spread.

This could help the Tiger King finally get out.

5f5bb5e17ed0ee001e25eda4

Imagine a vaccine so good for you that you need to be bribed and forced to take it for a virus so deadly that you have to be tested to prove that you even have it.

I'm vaccinated, and I think this is strange as hell.

I think it depends on the crime. White collar shit or nonviolent drug offenses, go for it. But for violent or sexual crimes you should be kept away from society regardless of your vaccination records.

I think it depends on the crime. White collar shit or nonviolent drug offenses, go for it. But for violent or sexual crimes you should be kept away from society regardless of your vaccination records.
That 10 day reduction is nothing for those with long sentences.

I was driving to Costco and saw a few Asian women holding signs saying, "Free Food Box & Free Vaccinations." I can't even walk into a store and buy a PS5 but you can get free food and a jab for no cost at all. They are offering gift cards, free food and shorter jail sentences just to get vaccinated. I just find the whole thing unsettling.

And this is coming from a guy who has been fully vaccinated since March

To antivaxxers, i would assume getting the jab would be extra punishment for criminals so huzzah!

To others, getting a vaccine that could reduce hospital visits/costs for a $10 cafe card is a win. Thats more money to spend on lining pockets.

$10 is solid.
You could get two venti frapuccinos at Starbucks with that kind of money. They’re $4.45 each.

10 bucks, food package and a 10 day reduction?
I’d sign up and I’m not even jail.

Get that Get Out Of Jail card in my back pocket like Monopoly.

Back