International New Indonesian Bill updating penal codes seeks to criminalize Homelessness, adultry ..

Indonesia is extremely split in terms of which area permit what based on religious views. Bali is predominantly Hindu so im betting new rules would be more relaxed there

I think only Aceh and Yogyakarta are fully Muslim.

Indonesia's penal code is set to be updated. A new Bill that their parliament is set to vote on will criminalize sex outside of marriage, including for tourists. Some other proposed criminal violations would be homelessness, LGBTQ partnerships, criticizing the President and Vice President.

How do you outlaw homelessness? I suppose they will arrest all homeless people and incarcerate them which would sort of solve the homeless situation but deprives people of freedom of movement. Just a rather draconian and barbaric way to deal with homelessness.

And the law to criminalize criticism of the President is a blatant authoritarian move. Sounds like the lese majeste law in Thailand.

----

Bali is a tourist cash cow for Indonesia. If they outlaw relationships outside of marriage and force couples to show proof of marriage to be able to rent rooms, tourism is going to take a huge hit. I hope tourists boycott Bali en masse.

Unmarried tourists won’t even be allowed to get a hotel room unless they have a marriage certificate to prove their relationship. Those who do not have such documentation risk falling foul of local law. It will also open tourists to harassment from corrupt local police while on holiday.

https://www.cntraveller.in/story/unmarried-couples-sex-bali-get-jailed-year/

----

Harsh criminal crackdown in Indonesia likened to Islamic law

Jakarta: Extra marital sex, homelessness, criticism of the President and spreading communist ideology would all be crimes - and attract jail time - under looming sweeping changes to Indonesia's penal code.

Other mooted changes include making it illegal for couples who aren't married to live together, showing contraception to a minor (for example, displaying condoms in a shop), curbing access to abortion and criminalising criticism of a judge, fake news, bestiality and black magic.

They want President Joko Widodo to intervene and block passage of the bill if it wins parliamentary support, as appears likely.

https://www.smh.com.au/world/asia/h...a-likened-to-islamic-law-20190910-p52pxs.html
Damn.... there goes.... my dream....

It will be so so unfortunate if this bill passes.. because I plan to teach music there and I have plans to date some one from there.

If I have to get married first before we can even share a room ah then I guess I wont go there at all.

Seriously this sucks I have real serious plans to live there...

Holy mother fucker Weebodo what the hell you doing?

Here's the thing about the homelessness though, some of them are not really homeless. They travel to big cities like Jakarta and Bandung begging for money. These fake beggars usually camp below overpass and road intersection or traditional markets. One beggar could earn around 20-60$ a day or 20k a year give or take. These motherfuckers have big houses back in their village.

I love how people seemed shocked about the homeless law. It's pretty much like that in most U.S. cities. Not across the board but you can easily go to jail for being homeless if you dont go crawl into a dark alley or something where you cant be seen. Sleep on a park bench or in a "nice" neighborhood and you'll get arrested fast.

Here's the thing about the homelessness though, some of them are not really homeless. They travel to big cities like Jakarta and Bandung begging for money. These fake beggars usually camp below overpass and road intersection or traditional markets. One beggar could earn around 20-60$ a day or 20k a year give or take. These motherfuckers have big houses back in their village.

Is Bandung like the 2nd Capital city of Indonesia?

How develop is it compared to Jakarta and other Asian capitals?

Is Bandung like the 2nd Capital city of Indonesia?

How develop is it compared to Jakarta and other Asian capitals?
Oh obviously not as big as Jakarta but the metropolitan area is pretty big, not as crazy traffic wise and the infrastructure is pretty adequate. Only been there for 4 weeks but they got nightclubs, tons of great street food, chill weather since its located at high elevation. The girls are fantastic, sundanese girls are second behind Manado in terms of prettiness.

Holy mother fucker Weebodo what the hell you doing?

He halted the bill being passed with the current revisions.
It's been ongoing for a while. The Criminal Code is a colonial relic, but everytime they try to update it the Islamists make it a "more Muslim than thou" competition.
That's the form right-wing populism takes in Indonesia.

Oh obviously not as big as Jakarta but the metropolitan area is pretty big, not as crazy traffic wise and the infrastructure is pretty adequate. Only been there for 4 weeks but they got nightclubs, tons of great street food, chill weather since its located at high elevation. The girls are fantastic, sundanese girls are second behind Manado in terms of prettiness.
My friend is from Bandung and he said it's practically a college town.

[<cena1}

Would really want to Visit I also heard they have a good heavy metal scene in Bandung

Oh...I love the Chinese Indonesian girls in Bandung.. but never been there my self just had some online frends from there.

He halted the bill being passed with the current revisions.
It's been ongoing for a while. The Criminal Code is a colonial relic, but everytime they try to update it the Islamists make it a "more Muslim than thou" competition.
That's the form right-wing populism takes in Indonesia.
I hope Jokowi Metal ups their ass.

I will be following this story.

And its briefly mentioned in the article but how do you punish someone for being homeless?

Imprison them? Provide them with shelter?

Probably beat them with a stick

giphy.gif

Back