New Idea's on Sparring Gloves (Thai) Needed

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment Discussion' started by BigPapaShango, Feb 11, 2016.

1. BigPapaShango

BigPapaShango Green Belt

I know the sparring glove thread has been done to death, however need some input from you guys.

Basically the gloves I have used are the following:

Twins for bag and pad work, really good workhorse gloves (16oz are too bulky)

Top King, Sandee sparring gloves, both I really liked, however both didn't hold up very well.

Basically I am looking for a traditional Thai Gloves, simple design that will last and need suggestions.

I have looked at Raja, Windy, Boon, however all have mixed reviews.

2. ironwolf

ironwolf Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

For sparring, I think it's hard to beat the 16oz twins but I agree, for bag and pad work, 16oz twins are too big.

I like the fairtex bgv1 also, that's a basic Thai glove.

BigPapaShango likes this.
  3. BigPapaShango

BigPapaShango Green Belt

Fairtex never seem to appeal to me, however might need to look into them as a load of guys I know use them for sparring.

4. GFG

GFG Green Belt

i prefer the twins over the fairtex gloves when it comes to keeping my knuckles from getting sore, however if i want feedback and just do light bag work the fairtex gloves are a better option, however i think they are a bit on the harder side when it comes to sparring. that's assuming your talking about the fairtex bgv1, the bgv6 were a bit softer

If been using these muay thai styled gloves for the last year and a half 2-3 times a week on the bag, pads and sparring and i have no complaints, and other then the leather and printed logo having some normal wear the padding is still gold.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2016
  5. Fightshopca

Fightshopca Orange Belt

Hard choice between the two main Thai brands you mentioned - Twins and Fairtex. Since you already have Twins, give Fairtex a try as I know what you mean about the Twins being huge, almost pillow like. www.fightshop.ca.

BigPapaShango likes this.