New ID rules at the airport are pushed back to 2020: Real ID

Already covered this in a subsequent post. Well, two actually.

You are talking about this right?

It was a comment meant to make you jump on just like you did. This is more of a burden on people trying to either leave or move around within our borders than someone looking to get in.

So you said something dumb on purpose. Ok. Your response is also stupid though. You need a passport to enter or elave the USA, which is noticeably harder than a drivers license.

You are talking about this right?

So you said something dumb on purpose. Ok. Your response is also stupid though. You need a passport to enter or elave the USA, which is noticeably harder than a drivers license.
And what is required for a Real ID is as cumbersome, if not more so, than a passport. In fact, I believe it will be able to be used in place of your passport as far as American Airspace is concerned.

Want to know what I did?

In 1999 me and a friend made plans to goto Bellis Fair mall in Bellingham to do some shopping etc. I brought a joint he brought a few. We were searched at the border. They found my joint, but not his (he hid it in a flashlight) I was "arrested" without cuffs and they told me I now had to deal with border control, immigration and the police. A few hours later a cop came with a "I'm here for a joint, really?" look on his face. He told me I could go back to Canada and they would send me my court date in the mail and the punishment would prob be around a $700USD fine. I skipped court and I became a wanted man in the state of Washington.
You should have known the US is completely weed-free

You should have known the US is completely weed-free
Yeah I still remember, 19 years later, the big sign in the area I waiting in waiting for the cop to arrive. It said, "NO DRUGS, OF ANY KIND, OF ANY AMOUNT are allowed across the border. I already felt dumb and that made me feel dumber. I was just glad they didn't cuff me or even treat me like I was under arrest. They were all pretty cool about it actually.

And what is required for a Real ID is as cumbersome, if not more so, than a passport. In fact, I believe it will be able to be used in place of your passport as far as American Airspace is concerned.

You think a passport is easier to get than a drivers license. I have both, have to disagree.

Yes, it's my opinion it will be more burdensome to get a Real ID than a passport. Look into what will be required. Granted each state is able to tweek what will be required to a degree but yes, I believe it will be a pain.

What exactly is REAL ID?
A license that has my voice signature?

My license doesn't expire until 2026
Are you fucking telling me I gotta go to the DMV again?!?!?

What exactly is REAL ID?
A license that has my voice signature?

My license doesn't expire until 2026
Are you fucking telling me I gotta go to the DMV again?!?!?
It's a new ID that will replace your driver's license and requires stricter verification. You will need one in order to fly within the continental united states. It was voted in as an act of congress after 9/11 as part of their beefed up security measures. Likely has some nifty rfid chip so they have another means of tracking you via cell tower or something.

Back