New ID rules at the airport are pushed back to 2020: Real ID

Teppodama

A Dude, playing a Dude, disquised as another Dude
@Silver
Reaction score
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/10/new-id-rules-at-the-airport-pushed-back-to-2020.html

New ID rules at the airport are pushed back to 2020
  • All 50 states are now compliant with Real ID or have an extension to become compliant, which means passengers can continue to use their driver's licenses as usual for domestic travel.
  • The Real ID Act was passed by Congress in 2005, in the wake of 9/11, to raise the security standards for state-issued driver's licenses.
Jessica Dickler | @jdickler
Published 12:30 PM ET Wed, 10 Jan 2018 Updated 2:25 PM ET Wed, 10 Jan 2018CNBC.com
Domestic air travelers have been granted an 11th-hour reprieve.

As of this week, all 50 states have met the Jan. 22 deadline to become compliant with Real ID or have an extension to do so, said Steve Yonkers, the Department of Homeland Security's director of Real ID. That means passengers can continue to use their driver's licenses at security checks for domestic flights.

Starting Oct. 1, 2020, every adult boarding any federally regulated aircraft — including domestic flights — will need a Real ID-compliant license or they will need to show an alternative form of identification (such as a passport, "enhanced ID," Global Entry card or other acceptable forms of ID) at security.

All states are currently in the process of implementing Real ID programs. Twenty-eight states and territories are already fully compliant and 26 have been granted extensions through Oct. 10. Just two territories, American Samoa and Northern Mariana Islands, are still under review for an extension, Yonkers said.

This is the final phase of an act passed by Congress in 2005, in the wake of 9/11, which aimed to raise the security standards for state-issued driver's licenses.

This has just recently come back up on my radar as I have to renew my license this month.

Identification

Adult passengers 18 and over must show valid identification at the airport checkpoint in order to travel.

• Driver's licenses or other state photo identity cards issued by Department of Motor Vehicles (or equivalent)
  • U.S. passport
  • U.S. passport card
  • DHS trusted traveler cards (Global Entry, NEXUS, SENTRI, FAST)
  • U.S. Department of Defense ID, including IDs issued to dependents
  • Permanent resident card
  • Border crossing card
  • DHS-designated enhanced driver's license
  • Federally recognized, tribal-issued photo ID
  • HSPD-12 PIV card
  • Foreign government-issued passport
  • Canadian provincial driver's license or Indian and Northern Affairs Canada card
  • Transportation worker identification credential
  • U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services Employment Authorization Card (I-766)
  • U.S. Merchant Mariner Credential
Beginning Oct. 1, 2020, if you plan to use your state-issued ID or license to fly within the U.S., make sure it is REAL ID compliant. If you are not sure if your ID complies with REAL ID, check with your state department of motor vehicles.

A weapon permit is not an acceptable form of identification. A temporary driver's license is not an acceptable form of identification.

Children
TSA does not require children under 18 to provide identification when traveling with a companion within the United States. Contact the airline for questions regarding specific ID requirements for travelers under 18.

Forgot Your ID?
In the event you arrive at the airport without valid identification, because it is lost or at home, you may still be allowed to fly. The TSA officer may ask you to complete an identity verification process which includes collecting information such as your name, current address, and other personal information to confirm your identity. If your identity is confirmed, you will be allowed to enter the screening checkpoint. You may be subject to additional screening, to include a patdown and screening of carry-on property.

You will not be allowed to enter the security checkpoint if your identity cannot be confirmed, you chose to not provide proper identification or you decline to cooperate with the identity verification process.

TSA recommends that you arrive at least two hours in advance of your flight time.

Thoughts?

Sounds good to me. Mind you I'm not allowed in America so it won't affect me.

Sounds good to me. Mind you I'm not allowed in America so it won't affect me.
The fuck? You some sort of enemy of freedom?

The fuck? You some sort of enemy of freedom?
Want to know what I did?

In 1999 me and a friend made plans to goto Bellis Fair mall in Bellingham to do some shopping etc. I brought a joint he brought a few. We were searched at the border. They found my joint, but not his (he hid it in a flashlight) I was "arrested" without cuffs and they told me I now had to deal with border control, immigration and the police. A few hours later a cop came with a "I'm here for a joint, really?" look on his face. He told me I could go back to Canada and they would send me my court date in the mail and the punishment would prob be around a $700USD fine. I skipped court and I became a wanted man in the state of Washington.

Want to know what I did?

In 1999 me and a friend made plans to goto Bellis Fair mall in Bellingham to do some shopping etc. I brought a joint he brought a few. We were searched at the border. They found my joint, but not his (he hid it in a flashlight) I was "arrested" without cuffs and they told me I now had to deal with border control, immigration and the police. A few hours later a cop came with a "I'm here for a joint, really?" look on his face. He told me I could go back to Canada and they would send me my court date in the mail and the punishment would prob be around a $700USD fine. I skipped court and I became a wanted man in the state of Washington.
Could have at least given you back your weed for the trouble...

Want to know what I did?

Is this why you hate refugees so much? Jealous of their border crossing freedom?

Want to know what I did?

Stay the fuck out of my country with your devil's weed

racist DHS asking for IDs smh
What I'm wondering is whether this will get "The Resistance" as it gets closer to 2020 and comes back up on more peoples radars as well.

What I'm wondering is whether this will get "The Resistance" as it gets closer to 2020 and comes back up on more peoples radars as well.

yup i'm sure it'll build to a fever pitch

The Real ID Act is disgusting, and Homeland Security is useless. Just require people to use passports for air travel and fuck all that other bullshit.

Want to know what I did?

That what you get for smuggling weeds into this great country.

... and I became a wanted man in the state of Washington.
You are in good company my man:

Rambo_Fist_blood_-_017photo1.jpg

I had no idea I was associating with admitted weed addicts on this site.
Come now Seano. You know the WR is a wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Haha I knew the responses to my dumbassery would be good, and you guys did not disappoint.

It's been 19 years I really should apply for a pardon.

I had no idea I was associating with admitted weed addicts on this site.
Shaky and anxious for the only thing they care about, their fix. Reefer addicts will kill everyone you love for a dollar towards their next high

Back